OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 22, 2017 7:57 pm  #11

Re: I just want to be done with it!

Here's more commentary on this change:

https://nypost.com/2017/12/22/heres-how-the-tax-plan-could-change-divorce-in-a-big-way/

My alimony ended last July when I was able to collect Social Security - on his account rather than mine so mine could  grow until age 70.  That option got eliminated for most people a while ago but because but I was old enough that I had a choice whether to take on his or mine.  Mine would be more but getting a bit less for 4 years versus waiting to get mine and getting more for the rest of my life was an easy choice..

Get a good lawyer who works with an accountant but now and forevermore read every piece of financial information you can get your hands on. If I've learned nothing else from TGT it's that you have to protect yourself.

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

February 3, 2019 2:20 pm  #12

Re: I just want to be done with it!

delete

Last edited by Lynne (February 3, 2019 3:09 pm)

Board footera