OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2017 5:31 pm  #11

Re: Why is trans acceptable?

Once you start looking you find strangeness after strangeness.  Children can be removed from their parents if their parents don't "affirm" the child's "choice" of "gender." (And what is it with the way the word "gender," which actually  does refers to a social construct, has replaced the word "sex," which is a biological identifier.  Every time I fill out a form, especially at the doctor's office, that asks for my "gender" I want to cross out "gender" and write in "sex," before I write that "F" for female. I'm a female, and female isn't a gender! Female is a sex.  They aren't asking to know whether I'm masculine or feminine--my gender--they're asking for my biological sex--whether I'm male or female. ) Teens are able to get cross sex hormones--and there's a push on to allow them to actually have body modifying surgeries--with no permission from the parents, and despite the parents' wishes, although teens can't get a tattoo or buy cigarettes or even use a tanning booth without parental permission at that same age.  The word "woman" is up for re-definition legally in England, with anyone, male or female, who wants to "identify" as woman legally defined as one.  

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (December 18, 2017 5:33 pm)

Board footera