OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 19, 2024 4:13 pm  #1

Thoughts

Ok, let me try this again. I came across this instagram page and have found some helpful advice. She is a counsellor for straight spouses in Australia. 

https://www.instagram.com/notmyclosetanymore/ 

The quote I attempted to post was "Straight spouses have been decieved, rejected, emotionally abused, and abandoned. All all the while the closeted spouse walks away like he is owed something..."

I am currently feeling this as I approach mediation day. Like others, at the very beginning he made a lot of promises about how he cared, and would make sure I was taken care of, and how I didn't deserve this. Of course I found out they were all lies and empty promises pretty quickly.

This was one of the hardest parts for me. The hatred. The vile things he spewed at me. And the fact that he now blames me for everything. Somehow I am having to "pay" for something I didn't even know about.

Last edited by Anon2222 (April 20, 2024 5:37 pm)

April 20, 2024 2:52 am  #2

Re: Thoughts

Nothing showing up for me when I clicked on it Anon

E

KIA KAHA                       

April 20, 2024 5:38 pm  #3

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

Nothing showing up for me when I clicked on it Anon

E

Thanks for the heads up. I will try this again.

April 20, 2024 7:20 pm  #4

Anon2222 wrote:

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

Nothing showing up for me when I clicked on it AnonE

Thanks for the heads up. I will try this again.

It worked the second time!
For me personally....I didn't need a life coach to get me through this but I suppose there are many people able to afford it. The thought of somebody profiting from my pain, and telling me what I need to get through it, thinking they have the answer.....my answer to my journey....just seems wrong.

E

KIA KAHA                       

April 20, 2024 9:57 pm  #5

Anon, I’m sorry he’s being such an a**hole to you. You know he’s just blame shifting to you so he can sleep better and of course you are left fending off his attacks, & maybe struggling to sleep. Sad what he’s capable of, hope you can stand proud knowing this is on him, and he’s showing his weakness through his personal attacks. Hoping the mediation goes well for you and you get what is fairly yours, all of it.

Board footera