OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2022 6:53 pm  #21

Re: Guilt over posturing

HopelessRomantic wrote:

....And Elle,
I’m sending you hugs.. Infidelity is so hard to heal from. I’m so sorry you’re going through that.

It's not infidelity as much as the lack of trust I live with. He could fuck a whole truckload of men and I wouldn't care but I know he'd hide the truck behind a fence and say it belonged to somebody else.....lol

KIA KAHA                       

March 10, 2022 9:26 am  #22

Elle/Kia, you can handle more abuse and suffering than the average women. I am holding a good thought for you.

March 10, 2022 6:01 pm  #23

HR,

There are Dept. of Education grants you may qualify for. I used those & loans to get through college a long time ago. It's still alive and kicking. It's more generous now than a few decades ago.

I am back at work after a long absence due to the late GIDXH's meltdown during the divorce.  I used coursera.org ($40/month)  to update my skills. They have a wide variety of self-paced university level courses.  As long as you pay the monthly fee, the course is open indefinitely. COVID placed almost all learning online. www is open 24/7 :-)

Reddit has a support group for partners/loved ones of those with BPD.  Another resource is NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill). I've attended meetings online and in person.  Others are NEA BPD and McLean Hospital Gunderson Center for online programs to support BPD family members.   This is not an exhaustive list.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

March 10, 2022 8:41 pm  #24

MJM017 wrote:

HR,

There are Dept. of Education grants you may qualify for. I used those & loans to get through college a long time ago. It's still alive and kicking. It's more generous now than a few decades ago.

I am back at work after a long absence due to the late GIDXH's meltdown during the divorce.  I used coursera.org ($40/month)  to update my skills. They have a wide variety of self-paced university level courses.  As long as you pay the monthly fee, the course is open indefinitely. COVID placed almost all learning online. www is open 24/7 :-)

Reddit has a support group for partners/loved ones of those with BPD.  Another resource is NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill). I've attended meetings online and in person.  Others are NEA BPD and McLean Hospital Gunderson Center for online programs to support BPD family members.   This is not an exhaustive list.

That is incredibly helpful information, thank you! I’m going to avoid Reddit though, he spends a lot of time on there.

Board footera