OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+.

For more information about our recent name change, please read our press release or visit our website at https://www.ourpath.org.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2021 8:28 am  #1

Affective Deprivation Disorder - Affective Immunology

I just thought I would share. In my working world, researching is/was a big part of my work, it’s very difficult for me to shut that part off especially living what I’m living. So for those who have an interest, I thought I would share.

If I take the term that was recently identified for us “Affective Deprivation Disorder” , I for one can admit I have some of those issues, anxiety as an example, if you search the word ‘affective’ and start adding different words to it, it’s amazing what you come across.

I found this awesome scientific site in the Uk that publishes all their research papers for other scientist but they also make their articles/papers available for all to read. I had to share.

Affective Immunology. How emotions interplays with our immune system, in reality all our internal body systems are all inter-connected. You feel stressed, you hurt inside, your body keeps the score, when your body says no (published books)

This is but one article: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317300803_Affective_immunology_Where_emotions_and_the_immune_response_converge

Our environments can play havoc on us too. Articles on that as well.  All writers, based on the ones I have read so far, are all scientists:

All sorts of topics are discussed and most offer some helpful knowledge that can help us all heal in better and effective ways.  Just wanted to share.

Last edited by longwayhome (August 13, 2021 8:40 am)

I can almost see it, That dream I'm dreaming...There's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna wanna make it move...The Climb - Miley Cyrus

Board footera