OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+.

For more information about our recent name change, please read our press release or visit our website at https://www.ourpath.org.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2021 4:23 pm  #31

Re: So confused by all the secrets..

Please WF, time to be smart and stay focused on staying safe.  Try not to even think the word gay.  Keep staying in touch with your support team - family friends doctor whomever you have that is helping you.

Personally speaking, in answer to your question yes my ex's best friend was in the picture, he got married too, his wife was in the closet it turned out, so out of the four of us I was the only one who was straight.

June 13, 2021 5:07 pm  #32

Re: So confused by all the secrets..

Yes, stay safe! That’s the most important part.

I didn’t factor the gay part into leaving, to be honest. (He was GID). It was his anger, abuse  and refusal to get a job after 6 years of unemployment. I bided my time until the opportunity was right. It was after he passed away and safe that I seriously looked into TGT. It’s the root of why the marriage was a sham and why it’s taking so long to heal.

Yes, he had one married friend who he knew for 20 years.. This friend supposedly hated his wife who was a witch.  It was a year into the marriage. They had married because it was required for her paid FT minister’s job. It made no sense to me. I asked for clarification. He gave me word salad.

This is the male friend he posted an FB message to about the teen boy they had fun with.  This friend passed away unexpectedly and relatively young a few years before GIDXH. They both had fatal heart attacks. This friend & his “wife” were married for a few years only.

Last edited by MJM017 (June 13, 2021 5:09 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera