OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 2, 2020 8:20 am  #1

SSN Podcast 4/1

I wanted  to like this so much. I wanted to get tips for healing and moving on.  Instead I felt lectured.
I don’t think this was intentional - but the message of “feel your feelings” and acknowledge them was related in the most detached way - I felt worse after I listened, like somehow inferior because I can’t distill anger and put it in a box.

April 3, 2020 7:43 am  #2

Re: SSN Podcast 4/1

Mom: I hadn't commented up to now because I hadn't heard the podcast.  I was able to stomach about the first ten minutes and had to turn it off.

What shocked me most of all was the SSN podcast host, who seemed to agree with him.  And notwithstanding their attempt to qualify everything with that long soliloquy about how the discover might theoretically have come about ... that's not the way it goes down in real life.  

Men who enter into a marriage for ANY reason based on a lie, cannot be viewed as innocent and naive victims.  That's true whether they're secretly gay or secretly drug addicted or secretly addicted to gambling.

April 4, 2020 4:28 pm  #3

Re: SSN Podcast 4/1

I listened to the most recent podcast with guest Claudia Coenen.  Psychotherapy had its limits for me for many reasons for life events, TGT included. I listen to my intuition and read a lot for healing.

I do not agree with her or the host at the 37:00 mark-he didn’t know how to do any better than hide in the closet. Their experience or opinion doesn’t match what happened to me.  My GIDXH made a choice to lie and cheat. He did know better.

My GIDXH chose to suppress his conscience to take advantage of me. Am glad I dumped him. Am glad I cut off communication. I’ll be angry with him forever.

That’s helped me move on. Thinking about his behavior sentimentally has been the worst thing for me, & has prolonged my grief. Again, just my take on this. We’re all different.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera