OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 28, 2020 1:51 pm  #1

Baby Steps

Today I took my soon to be ex husband off of our joint checking account. Not before he only left me with 350.00 and 250.00 in savings but that was to be expected. I dont have much but what I have is mine. I put an application in for a university job. Scary to leave a company I have been with for 18 years but I need a job that pays more and plus my daughter will have free college if she attends that college. They are tiny steps as I still live in the same home as him but they are moving forward not backwards. 

ME

February 28, 2020 2:22 pm  #2

Re: Baby Steps

Bravo!. And make sure that you also take him off as beneficiary on any 401K etc and life insurance that you have.

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

February 28, 2020 3:30 pm  #3

Way to go! Each one of these steps you take is a step toward independence and a new and better life for you and your daughter!

March 8, 2020 5:18 pm  #4

Good for you,SS1979! I am very happy to hear this. My steps towards almost any goal have been small. Good luck to you!

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera