OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 27, 2020 10:44 am  #11

Re: Cohabitating while divorcing

My house sitting job was for a colleague who was out of town, so it was word of mouth.  If you don't want to go "professional," you might discover, as I did, that if you put the word out among friends that you're available, they'll spread the word, too. I got offers from people I didn't know who knew people I did know--and couldn't actually take all the offers on.  I never charged, nor did I pay anything (like utilities).  

February 27, 2020 12:04 pm  #12

Re: Cohabitating while divorcing

Mom of Four,

Why doesn’t he leave? Something to think about if you will be dependent on him for alimony, part of his pension after the divorce.  Looking weak (leaving the home) will continue to give him the upper hand.  The disordered know to put on the heat when something ($$$$) is at stake. He may be “forcing” you to leave by increasing the gaslighting & passive aggressive behavior.

Pester him to leave and give him the resting b ! t ! ch face. Men are upset by angry looking women. If he stays put, protect yourself. Take your stuff and put it in storage. Too bad if he uses it too. I would learn his schedule to avoid being near him in the house.  Put locks on the rooms that are yours to keep him out. Lock up food in the fridge that belongs to you. 

Disordered people are lazy. If they find you to be a good target to dump their bile onto, they’ll keep doing it. This may be true after the divorce.

This is definitely my opinion in reaction to my own situation! If it doesn’t fit your personality or Mr. Wrong has the money & power to strike back hard at you, leave it alone.

I hope you find a good solution to this issue.  I know we all want peace and a better life.

Last edited by MJM017 (February 27, 2020 12:05 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera