OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2019 2:43 pm  #11

Re: How did this happen?

yeah, I'm sorry Trance, to be initiating sex with you and at the same time to be telling her girlfriend how bored she is etc etc is a bit disturbing isn't it. 

Mine initiated in the early days but in mid life it stopped.  This is a common scenario - I think it's because of that instinctive wish to have children.  I was very relieved when it stopped, emotionally it had got to a point it was hurting me, I cried the last time and that became his excuse to stop altogether - it wasn't loving sex it was a performance for him and he had become tired of it.

There's been a few people who have been here and described partners who initiate sex a lot past mid life - but again, where's the affection - it's with both sexes and disregard for all.  

with so little sleep you are in serious need of it and will need to make getting a night's sleep a priority.  Can I suggest a visit to the doctor, it might help a lot.

all the best, Lily

August 7, 2019 3:55 pm  #12

Re: How did this happen?

Trance, I'm sorry this is happening to you. I found out through an FB posting by my then H. He included me by mistake i believe. He was terrible at tech. I confronted and he gaslighted me-- he never posted this, I'm mistaken, etc.

My xH had a lot to lose if I left him.  I was the breadwinner and an honest, stable beard.

Perhaps your partner will suffer financially if you guys break up. That's a big incentive to fake attraction and interest in you. IMO, she's playing games with you. Her statements aren't logical when you put them together.

I have seen women who I thought were beautiful and wanted to copy their hairstyles and clothing. I never once wanted to have sex with them. Tasting women sounds very unappealing to me a straight woman

Take care of yourself and do what is best for you in this situation. Don't be sold something that isn't real.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera