OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2018 12:40 pm  #11

Re: Grace and Frankie - discussion

greyhound gal wrote:

Cant get it over here? Its seems to only be on Amazon Prime.

I think it's a Netflix exclusive.  I have no idea if you can get Netflix where you are though. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

April 25, 2018 1:25 pm  #12

"Quote"  I realized after a while that what I watched for, was the sense that in my worst possible moments of isolation and pain, I would have given my right arm to have a best friend who knew exactly what I was going through because she was going through the same thing.  I imagined what it would be like for us not to have money woes, and we could share a beach house together with a big open floor plan and a modern kitchen and listen to the sound of the waves in La Jolla while we worked through all the pain and confusion.
That's what I was hooked on.
"Watching Season 2, episode 5, "The Test". Grace decides to try reconnecting with 3 old friends by hosting a lunch at the beach-house. The 3 are visibly awkward when Grace talks about finding out her husband "coming out". Very shallow banter... Apparently, they went on vacations together with their husbands. They used to bowl together; the women invite Grace, even give her a bowling shirt. They don't use balls, they use a Wii System instead; I guess it is easier on the joints...
    I feel the same way, walkbymyself, yearning for the kind of friendship that Grace & Frankie seem to have.  However, I have noticed both women seem to depend on drugs a lot. Grace always drinking, Frankie doing drugs of some type or another...
I think I am "too straight" to be either of them, (sigh)

April 25, 2018 2:05 pm  #13

greyhound gal wrote:

Cant get it over here? Its seems to only be on Amazon Prime.

It's available for streaming on Netflix UK.

April 25, 2018 2:23 pm  #14

walkbymyself wrote:

.... in my worst possible moments of isolation and pain, I would have given (would give) my right arm to have a best friend who knew exactly what I was going (am going) through because she was going through the same thing......

Ditto

KIA KAHA                       

April 30, 2018 9:52 pm  #15

I have watched the first 2 seasons so far. Robert, supposedly a Catholic, who claims to remember the Baltimore Catechism, seems to have forgotten about the teaching about honesty & integrity. Sure, he & Sol felt attracted to each other, but as married men, both knew better than to cheat on their wives, for 20 years. They used their free will to act on their feelings.  The Baltimore Catechism is very clear about what sin is and Robert seems to not have cared about that. So, he didn't really believe in it.  He certainly seemed to lack any guilt about breaking his vows to his wife.
At least neither man undermined his wife's authority with their children. It seems neither man practiced "gaslighting"... So both women had sufficient self-esteem to talk about their situation. They didn't seem ashamed or embarrassed when their husbands decided to leave them.
As for the women's decision to develop a vibrator for seniors, I think that was a good discussion.

Last edited by gonzo2000 (April 30, 2018 9:56 pm)

Board footera