OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 10, 2020 12:50 pm  #51

Re: New forum section for MOM's

Thanks for clarifying, Phoenix.   OOHC, your presence and clear thinking on this forum is invaluable. 

There are straight spouses on the forum that went into their MOM relationships with full disclosure, eyes open.  There are also straight spouses that did not have the benefit of disclosure and are in the process of discovering that their lives are a lie, possibly characterized by narcissistic abuse, verbal abuse, even physical abuse.   We need to do a better job of giving the latter group a place to think, pause and gather strength without being bombarded by the "stay" lobby.  

My suggestion would be to create a sub forum for people who fall into the latter category so that they can post privately and get the unconditional support that they need.    

October 10, 2020 7:24 pm  #52

Re: New forum section for MOM's

OutofHisCloset wrote:

"You would get a larger spectrum of responses if you also posted in the Support section." 

I feel this was a great suggestion.  I've added it to the Rules sticky thread atop the MOM forum.  

Thanks for the advice!

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

Board footera