OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2017 9:25 pm  #21

Re: Not sure I understand my loneliness

Awesome Glad your feeling better.

May 4, 2017 2:39 am  #22

That's what you have to do Lorax, even if it is fake it till you make it! So glad you feel better, for now. It's the little things that'll build up to you feeling slightly better and capable of embracing bigger things!

I joined a dance class this week, it's jive and waltz, some brought partners, others didn't. I had to wait for one of the instructors to be available to dance with me but it was fine, it was fun. I signed up and paid for 6 classes so finally I've committed to something!

Sometimes we are just the collateral damage in someone else's war against themselves

May 4, 2017 8:09 am  #23

I used to take dance lessons as well, its fun

Have you tried salsa lessons? There's a different atmosphere than what you're describing. They split everyone up by gender and you switch partners every 5 minutes, everyone always has a partner and it's mostly single people.

Also,the music is addictive and there are Latin dance clubs everywhere. It really becomes a great social hobby.

May 4, 2017 5:42 pm  #24

They actually teach salsa a different night, I haven't tried it, that may be next on my get out there and just do it list!,

Sometimes we are just the collateral damage in someone else's war against themselves

Board footera