OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2017 12:23 am  #1

Snooping days are over (for now)

At least in theory. I decided tonight that I'd look one more time. He has been acting more removed and secretive and asking me less things.  Im pretty sure my husband was with someone today.  A condom is missing and there was residue of some sort in his underwear.
I'm totally fine but SOOO curious who it is.   I can't find anything in location services on his phone but he was off his laptop from 1:20-2:35 so he didn't go far. 
After this I decided I have enough info and won't bother to look anymore.  I probably will later but it's become obsessive to me and I need to shift my focus.

April 28, 2017 6:00 am  #2

Re: Snooping days are over (for now)

Sigh.   As you can see its a horrible way for us to live.  And these spouses think they're so clever hiding everything.  They catch you with their phone and they scream "That's private".

I say you know enough...turn your energy toward yourself and kids.
Discretely build your team.  He is not on your team anymore.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

April 28, 2017 6:22 am  #3

Rob wrote:

Discretely build your team.  He is not on your team anymore.

Pretty sure he's been playing for the other team for a while. 

Funny thing is I found myself questioning if he was with a woman.  He has been texting this woman he used to work with daily.  I saw her interact with him once and she definitely likes him.  Who knows?  Maybe I'm giving him too much credit here. Ha

April 28, 2017 8:46 am  #4

Lisa4kids wrote:

Funny thing is I found myself questioning if he was with a woman. He has been texting this woman he used to work with daily. I saw her interact with him once and she definitely likes him. Who knows? Maybe I'm giving him too much credit here. Ha

I don't know the full situation but I wonder if he might be looking for his next victim to replace you as the straight spouse. 

April 28, 2017 9:51 am  #5

I don't know... she seems very nice and honestly I wouldn't mind if he was with her but she would not fit into his family.  They are very judgmental and closed and she just wouldn't fit.  I barely do!!!  Maybe he doesn't care.
I'm not sure he was even with her but she lives 10 min away and I know her marriage is bad.  I'd teeter back to the Hetero suspicion side more if I hadn't found that anal vibrator and lube tube.

April 28, 2017 9:54 am  #6

Lisa, what does your husband say when you approach him with all of the evidence you have?

April 28, 2017 10:03 am  #7

Hi Lisa,

What is your current position on what to do about your relationship?  Have you decided that you're done?  If so, where in that process are you?  Do you have some idea of a plan that you're moving on?  Have you begun to execute on that in any way?

I ask this because I personally wasn't done snooping until I decided I was DONE with the marriage and had conveyed that to my ex.  After that time, it didn't matter what he did or didn't do - nothing he could have done in a positive way could save it, and nothing he did in a negative way did anything but make me more sure of my position on the divorce.  Until you get to that point, what you're doing by snooping is trying to uncover evidence so that you can be informed and make a decision on what to do.  After you've done that, you may not care nearly as much about what he's doing as you will about getting to the end of the separation.

Now, it's entirely possible that you'll continue to be hurt by what he's doing until after you separate.  Until then, you will feel at least somewhat still connected to him, and entitled to his honesty and faithfulness.  So I'm not saying that you won't be hurt by what you find.  A lot of people also need to keep proving freshly to themselves that they're on the right path - hence continuing to gather info to confirm their decision.  But overall, you begin not to care as much because, well, you're.... done.

If you feel as thought your snooping it consuming too much of your time and energy, then you will need to scale it back to the point where it doesn't become obsessive.  But do realize that you have already confirmed there's a problem, whether he's actively cheating on you or not.  You're not happy, he's incapable or unwilling to make the necessary changes to keep you happy, and he's not being honest with you.  You don't need more than that, hon.  You don't need "proof", even though by anyone's standards, you've got plenty.  At some point you will need to decide that you're reached critical mass and any more is just another straw on the camel with the already-broken back.

I wish you the best -

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

April 28, 2017 10:08 am  #8

Shari wrote:

Lisa, what does your husband say when you approach him with all of the evidence you have?

I have asked questions during conversations and there is simply no having a rational discussion with him so I've just been collecting my evidence and staying quiet for now.
This goes against my nature but I know better.  Also If I were to present him with any small tidbits he would be more careful and I'd never find anything out.

April 28, 2017 11:18 am  #9

Okay so the insane part of me checked the condom bag. The missing one is back. My friend thinks he's messing with me but I don't know that he knows I've found his treasures.

April 28, 2017 12:21 pm  #10

That's crazy.  Maybe whatever he had planned didn't pan out.  Or he could have used a condom the other person brought.  Or he's f'ing with you.  No telling.  But there's no excuse to take a condom if you are the only person he has sex with, and you weren't in the equation.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

Board footera