OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2017 3:50 pm  #11

Re: Strategy for surviving Valentines day

lostdad, Just look at all the positive self-talk you created from that post!   Everyone, be good to yourselves, Valentine's Day or not.  Know that you are worthy of love, flowers, chocolate...whatever makes you feel good.  Years ago when I felt really down about TGT, I used to randomly send people flowers or gifts around me, so I could see their reaction and happiness (selfish I know), and for a moment I knew I made someone smile and feel important.   I guess for the most part I do that when I'm down, because it does make me feel better.  

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

February 4, 2017 8:07 pm  #12

It's mostly just irritating to me.  I think the end of the marriage and the accompanying lies etc left me with a clear picture of our relationationship and its importance to her.  So I'll celebrate the fact that it won't with her !

February 5, 2017 8:56 pm  #13

I think it's good to do something to celebrate you, even if it is a small thing.  It might be treating yourself to a meal you like or buying a cookie that you love.  It might be a bubble bath or making yourself breakfast in bed.  I had a lot of anxiety for many Valentine's Days as my ex seemed to find a way to ruin it.  I look forward to a better Valentine's Day when I find new love.

Board footera