OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 9, 2016 10:57 am  #1

Dumb decisions...

Last night my husband wanted to see me, I have been staying at my parents house with our kids. After work my husband came over and we made this ridiculous plan in how our life could work together... So we both perked up and seemed excited..

Well we went and bought a "toy" to help with our sex life.. And decided we would be together but once a month we both get a "cheat" day, no questions asked, we could do WHATEVER we wanted on or one day... He could go and explore this new side of himself

We came back to my parents house and laid in bed and talked... And cuddled, it was nice.. Until he tried to have sex with me, AGAIN. Why the hell does he keep trying!? I let him, because I'm dumb and naive, unlike Monday when he had great sex and no problems, this time he couldn't get off, he said it as because he was thinking of me as a woman...

So anyways I called that plan off. I can't do this plan without feeling loved... I'm trying to think of my future, I'm gong to live with my parents and enroll into college, I'm going to follow my dream I have had since I was 8 years old. My dream that I gave up to become a wife and stay at home mother.

Sorry I keep posting different things, it's the only thing keeping me going most days...

July 9, 2016 11:47 am  #2

Re: Dumb decisions...

Have you ever in the past suggested to your husband if you could have a "cheat" day? That you could explore, with NO questions asked, whatever or who ever you wanted?? I doubt it.  As hard as it is to accept, your marriage has been over for a long, long time, and he's not who you thought he was. We bargain, and beg, and spy, and throw up, and lay on the floor, and finally accept, and pick ourselves up because we know what we need to do for ourselves. None of us took our marriage vows lightly, and we never, ever wanted to put our kids through this. He's NOT your friend, I was married 30 years, my one regret is that I had divorced him many years earlier. Stay the course , you are worth it, and you CAN do it.
Best of luck.

July 9, 2016 12:01 pm  #3

That was something I was going to ask - who gets to actually use the 'cheat day'?
Kudos for trying hard but it seems that he will not be able to perform unless he's thinking about men instead of women. It's not you or your fault, it's your gender that is the problem for him. He can say he loves and cares but it doesn't sound like he needs or desires.

Out of curiosity, what is your dream?

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

July 9, 2016 12:28 pm  #4

Flakes

You can post whatever you want here.  Its not like we can talk to our spouses.  They are not rational.  Mine is ..crazy...psycho...

Who were we before lost ourselves in our spouses?  I feel like I'm crawling back from some bad dream.. 
Reality is now as a divorced person I can do whatever I want.. right now I just want a safe haven for me  and my kids.  In the future it would be wonderful to meet someone. ..but so far the only straight and trustful women I know for a fact are my sister and you gals.
I know it's expected but I find it sad..  tell me there are authentic woman out there that mean what they promise.  Tell me there are people whose words and actions are true.

Last edited by Rob (July 9, 2016 12:30 pm)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

July 9, 2016 1:15 pm  #5

I completely agree, I don't know how I will ever trust again... I really thought I had a very happy life... I was happily married... At least I thought we were happy, apparently he wasn't. This forum is my ONLY sanity right now... I'm still trapped in this closet because my husband isn't ready to tell all his family... I'm very very close with his mom, but he is too scared to to tell her, she isn't to fond of gays...

July 9, 2016 1:56 pm  #6

Can you find a therapist?  You can always post here for sure .. I recall Kel digging me out of despair many a time.
Know that you are not crazy and you didn't cause it.

So I'm trying just like you...im divorced but can't get her to leave my home. Always a few more weeks ..just a few more...

Anyways write back if you can.  I always give an earful (as you can tell by my so many posts).  Not sure I help much other than to throw in a "me too". 

E-hugs (virtual but authentic)

July 9, 2016 2:18 pm  #7

I have contacted 2 therapists, but neither have gotten back to me, I have left multiple messages and emails..

You help, Kel helps with the logical side, you definitely help with the "screw his feeling" side. Which helps. Also everybody else helps, just talking helps (our typing)...

I'm sure for most, if not everybody here this is the hardest thing we have ever been through... It is for me...

My husband wants me to go with him and our kids to the movies today... And I told him I don't think I'm ready... He made me feel bad "just do it for they kids"... These emotions are still so raw, I'm just not ready...

July 9, 2016 11:40 pm  #8

Be kind to yourself.    He can take the kids to the movies.
Gather strength and courage. .small steps each day.  Take a mental health day tomorrow..stay in your routines..    maybe start gathering some your bank account numbers.  Don't worry about being sneaky..he did now worry.  Or not...all in your own time..

Ehugs

July 9, 2016 11:45 pm  #9

Be kind to yourself.    He can take the kids to the movies.
Gather strength and courage. .small steps each day.  Take a mental health day tomorrow..stay in your routines..    maybe start gathering some your bank account numbers.  Don't worry about being sneaky..he did now worry.  Or not...all in your own time..

Ehugs

July 10, 2016 4:02 am  #10

I didn't go, it was hard enough to say goodbye to my kids for the first time... I have never had to do anything that hard... This is the first time my husband has ever been alone with the kids... They are both very very attached to me, I was a stay at home mom, I have only been away from them a handful of times... And always for a weekend get away with my husband.

Another hard thing today, my husband actually said it, it's the first time it's been said... We are separated... I mean I have known since Wednesday we have been separated... But I was not going to be the one to say it. I did NOTHING wrong in our marriage. I gave the marriage my all... I did everything I could to save the marriage even after this. I was NOT going to be the one to say it... He has to take the blame.

He also apologized for all of his past behaviours. For months he has caused fight over such miniscule things, like getting juice for the kids, helping me switch over laundry (not fold or put it away, simply put from the washer to the dryer if I was busy) just really minimal effort things he would trip out over. He apologized and said he was just frustrated with this secret he had. Although the situation sucks, it's nice to see he realizes he has been tough to be around for awhile...

I'm terrified to have to see him with somebody else one day... I love this man with everything I have... I hope all these emotions pass soon...

Lastly he told him aunt today, who supported him, which will help him. He was so scared to tell her. I'm very close with his aunt, I knew she would be there for him, if nobody else I knew she would... I hope this makes things a little easier on him... Because I do love him, just hate what he did to me...

Board footera