OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2017 12:00 pm  #41

Re: Wife just told me she thinks she is gay

jjrab8486 wrote:

I totally know how you feel. My wife just told me in October. I know the feelings you are going through. It sucks! Your world is turned upside down and you feel like you are drowning. Please don't do what I did and start drinking. Glad you have a therapist and a priest. That is a good start. Just know you are not alone. Most of all it is not your fault! Private message me if you like.

jjrab,

Thanks...I'm feeling somewhat of a veteran here..   I only drink a bit only when I want a beer with my burger but sometimes when I'm feeling anxiety..   The anxious feeling comes out nowhere sometimes....not the shaking but a tight chested feeling ...telling me " I have to relax, that this really happened ,  im not crazy, she can't hurt you anymore".
I'm just a bit adrift....haven't been on own is so long..  Also , she is still capable of incredible hurt with the kids..
But I'm ok...  I loved her so much and, in the end, she was so cruel and evil.  Bound to be some PTSD.
Slowly getting better.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera