OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 2, 2024 12:15 pm  #1

Best ways to support my trans (FTM) husband.

I (28m) just recently married my husband (28m) about half a year into his transition. Looking for resources on how I can be the best husband and partner for him. My husband is FTM and I just want to support him however I can. Any resources people have for this, as well as any general resources on trans men's physical/mental/emotional health would be much appreciated.

February 2, 2024 5:17 pm  #2

Re: Best ways to support my trans (FTM) husband.

I'm guessing you are posting in the wrong place. Our organization supports straight people who find themselves in a relationship with someone who is LGBTQ. There are no doubt many resources for someone in your position, however this is not one of them. I hope you find what you're looking for.

February 2, 2024 9:01 pm  #3

Sam (Admin) wrote:

.... There are no doubt many resources for someone in your position, however this is not one of them ...

👍

KIA KAHA                       

February 2, 2024 9:45 pm  #4

My ex is a MTF trans femme and has transitioned with hormones & orchiectomy.  I am No Contact.  
I went to his Trans Clinic appointments for 3 yrs with him.  Believe me that they do receive plenty of specialized education about their physical, emotional, mental health as well as resources available.  In addition he went to four different trans support groups in our state and was well educated/informed and supported.  Let me say that there was NO support available for me, as far as how this was impacting me, I guess I was expected to adjust to his changes and was invisible although I indeed did have a 20 yr relationship.  I felt like I was chopped liver.  And how great and brave he was to be his true self, a woman.
JEEZ, all the emphasis is on the trans person. Good luck finding any support for the straight partner.  I’m sorry, whether you are male or female, it’s a shock to learn of the sexuality revelation.  Think of yourself and your feelings.  There will be many changes ahead of your partner depending on how far they go with the transition.  

Board footera