OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2024 12:32 pm  #1

Where do I go from here?

3 days ago my husband came out to me as Trans. We just had our first baby not even 6 weeks ago. I don’t know what to do or where to go from here. We have been through so much throughout the 6 years we have been together.  He has been the one to get me to trust again after being abused. He has been the one to help me get past some of my triggers and fears. He has been the perfect husband, the perfect supporter, and who was the absolute love of my life. We finally had everything we had been talking about and everything I have been dreaming about since I was little. We were in the best place we had ever been with each other and we finally had our little boy! Everything was perfect. I feel so confused, so lost, and I feel betrayed. I feel like the life I had always dreamed about and finally had has just gotten ripped away from me and there is nothing I can do about it. He says that he wants to stay with me, but I don’t know where I’m at in all this. I grew up in a Christian household where I was taught to love and respect everyone no matter what, but that being gay/trans is wrong. I am worried what everyone in my life will tell me to leave when they find out. I am now in a place of questioning everything I was taught. I don’t know where to go from here. My life feels like it just ended and his for the first time is actually beginning.

January 14, 2024 6:41 pm  #2

Re: Where do I go from here?

Hi Aslandearest!
I am on european time so need to sleep very soon, but i just saw that noone answered you yet so I’m quickly saying- you are not alone. You will find great support here. What i can tell you is some things you know already- you jave some hard days in your near future, because this is so painful. What you don’t now at the moment bacuse your brain and your hear are spinning, is that you also have bright days in your future. It seems unbelievable now, but you have the strength to get through this. You can search the forum for specific words and subjects so maybe some posts about the trans experiences will give you some insights. There was a member here with a name OutOfHisCloset, she was a very wise and calm woman- you should read her posts. Hug from me, and I’m sure you’ll get more answers and support in the coming days.

January 18, 2024 10:08 pm  #3

Thank you Ellie! I cannot tell you how much your reply means to me! It’s so comforting to know I’m not alone!

January 23, 2024 6:46 am  #4

Hey. I think your post might have been overlooked because many new members joined and wrote at the same time you did. How are you doing?

January 23, 2024 1:26 pm  #5

It's a good time to turn to God and realize your not alone.

In time , like many of us, you may find your life was not as perfect as you thought.  A perfect marriage, if it even exists, consist of people being completely honest about who they are.

Wishing you strength and self love as you begin your journey.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera