OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 24, 2023 5:24 pm  #1

Christmas Gift from STBGIDXH

My STBGIDXH stopped by to drop off gifts which I assumed were for my son and granddaughter. There is one in there for me. I didn’t get him anything. I’m not sure if I want to open it or not. He left 5 months ago and this is our first Christmas apart. He was a serial cheater with both men and women and a functioning meth addict, so we didn’t part on good terms. We were married for 35 years, so this is tough and I’m not sure what to do. There are positives and negatives of every scenario I think of..... Update: I opened it and there were several diffusers. It was a sense of relief to not be something more. 

Last edited by Tiggerslife (December 24, 2023 6:04 pm)

December 25, 2023 1:01 am  #2

Re: Christmas Gift from STBGIDXH

I invited A. (former bisexual partner) to stay a couple nights with my son and I for xmas, because I knew he'd probably (?) be alone. All good. 
Xmas eve my son says, at 9 in the evening, he's going to the other island to support his brother 
and won't be coming to the family dinner (with relatives) that we were going to because of him (my son)

So my son takes off to his brother, A and I go to an awkward lunch with family, then when we got back to my place 
A says "thanks for the invite....I'll be off now" 
I'd rather not be alone, thought I wasn't going to be alone, I'll be alone at least 2 days. So I took a deep breath...told myself "you started this, this is how it is, you can do this" 

Tigger....remember why you're where you are, remember who it was that changed the dynamic of your marriage 
and if you don't need or want the gift regift it or take it to somebody who can use it. 

Happy holiday

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

December 26, 2023 1:32 am  #3

Re: Christmas Gift from STBGIDXH

Thank you Elle. I’ll be donating it. 

Board footera