OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2023 7:11 pm  #1

TV Show

This evening, I told my 20 year old son that I thought he looked like the actor who plays the Jack Reacher character.   Before going out to dinner, my bisexual husband told our son about a scene from the show where the main character had his shirt off to clean an injury.  The director obviously wanted to show off the actor's body.    When my son left the room, I told my husband that I thought that he was probably aroused by the scene.  He weakly denied it.  It's so strange to realize that he is affected by these types of images.   Will I get used to it?  

December 19, 2023 7:56 pm  #2

Re: TV Show

no

December 20, 2023 2:10 am  #3

Re: TV Show

I can only say that for these things not to have an affect on you... that it has to be you who decides that you will no longer let them live in your head.

It's a mindset. It takes ages to NOT have them matter. But you CAN do it. You have to. Your husband does not deserve to have this hold on you.

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera