OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2023 4:31 pm  #11

Re: Questions about moving forward

ParkerAnne wrote:

Hi Josephine,

This doesn't define who you are as a person, it was a phase/part of your life but not your whole life.. It is now in the past. I find it helpful to concentrate on the current moment. Maybe go out on a few dates and see if you even have a connection. I feel there's no timeline honestly. If you feel the timing is right, trust yourself to share. If not, that's ok. You don't have to spill the beans the first time you meet a stranger from a dating app.
!

Parker Anne, I do almost feel like this has defined my life.  I was with him from the time I was 16 till I was 57.  That's almost my entire life so I feel like it is going to be hard to avoid.  I see all my past through a different lens, though.  Don't know that I am going to be able to avoid the subject for long with anyone but if it matters to someone they can take a hike!  People are all complicated and we all have baggage!

Board footera