OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2023 5:23 pm  #1

To WitheredWildflower

What a beautiful soul you are!

August 18, 2023 1:24 pm  #2

Re: To WitheredWildflower

I read her story too.

Yep holding on to somebody's secret when that secret has ruined your life is so unfair.
As is his unspoken threat to kill himself if she outed him.

E

KIA KAHA                       

August 18, 2023 7:03 pm  #3

What touched me the most is that that there is no feeling of anger in this post. And still lots of love.

August 22, 2023 1:38 pm  #4

Where do I find WW’s story?

August 22, 2023 3:33 pm  #5

At the bottom of the page under "Our Stories"

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

August 22, 2023 4:06 pm  #6

Thank you for reading my story and for your support.  If I'm honest there has been waves of anger, but my overarching feeling is relief.  For years I internalized feelings of being undesirable and parent guilt for not wanting to be a stay at home.  All along my body knew something was wrong, but my mind couldn't figure out what it could be.  His PTSD muddied the waters and he definitely used it to excuse behaviors that had nothing to do with combat.  Out of loyalty and sympathy I just kept accepting the emotional abuse, I didn't want to trade his and our children's happiness for my own. This discovery was the information I was missing.  This is my ticket to freedom.  Now I can walk away with confidence and without guilt and with the knowledge that it wasn't my failure.  And I have enough evidence on him that he's not fighting me on anything, but he's being very cold still.  The fact that I was already seeking therapy has definitely helped me process the anger.  My therapist suggested I be as honest as I can with my friends and family about the infidelity, without mentioning their gender.  And she felt this forum was a great place for me to be able to be wholly truthful.  So, I truly appreciate what's been created here.

"Wildflowers don't care where they grow." - Dolly Parton

Board footera