OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 8, 2023 12:04 pm  #1

Looking for Professional Support in Vancouver BC

Hello all, I am new to this forum, since only over a week ago my partner for the last 26 years disclosed to me that he is gay and has been exploring for the last 5 years and is in a relationship for a year now!! I am emotionally overwhelmed and am seeking recommended professional counselling support in the greater Vancouver area. I am interested in betrayal and infidelity Therapy. Any info about that or any other support you can think of is greatly appreciated. 
MM

August 8, 2023 6:37 pm  #2

Re: Looking for Professional Support in Vancouver BC

Can't help in your area ... but definitely find a therapist you are comfortable with .. one experience with trauma. would be good.  I had a general therapist....my first was very good...basically a normal person to talk to.    Our spouses are anything but normal.

My general comment on this applies;  we are in therapy, the kids are in therapy, the dog is therapy but they are happy and dont thing anything is wrong.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

August 9, 2023 2:31 pm  #3

Re: Looking for Professional Support in Vancouver BC

I'm so sorry this is happening to you.   My husband revealed his sexual attraction to men a few months ago.   I found a therapist that was covered by my insurance plan. I don't think her experience mattered initially.   I just needed someone to talk to.  She reassured me that my emotions were normal under the circumstances.  I saw her each week for a couple of months.  

Board footera