OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2023 1:57 pm  #11

Re: Pink towel & speedos

He shouldn't be using his own daughter's towel for that stuff. Does he use your or other of your daughter's items outside of this? I'm sorry it just seems kinda creepy.

August 9, 2023 4:14 pm  #12

I'm a straight guy.  The last time I wore a Speedo and chose a pink towel is...wait, let me check my calendar...still checking...NEVER.

August 9, 2023 4:53 pm  #13

I threw that towel in the trash, along with the speedos.  I’ve not noticed him using the girls’ things since then.
The towel thing happened around 2018.  The speedos more like 2008 (same time as total body shaving).

I bet straight men don’t ask for men at massage places either?   Do they wear tiny running shorts or compression leggings with nothing over?  Sit with legs double crossed (like cross legs but wrap foot all the way around other ankle)?

My neighbor GUESSED he was gay a couple years ago when I told her about some struggles I was having.  She said it was obvious in how he walks and sits.

It’s been so confusing to me because he says he wants to be masculine…. Hates that he’s not more so… claims he’s “fighting against his sin”…but then purposefully does these effeminate/gay things.

I wish he’d come out and embrace who he is instead of pretending to be straight.  I’m sure he’s got another beard picked out and I pity her.

Last edited by Tara (August 9, 2023 5:05 pm)

August 10, 2023 1:44 pm  #14

Tara wrote:

I wish he’d come out and embrace who he is instead of pretending to be straight. I’m sure he’s got another beard picked out and I pity her.

I hear you.  My ex-wife insists she's straight even though (a) she had an affair with a woman, (b) admitted to me that she knew about her same-sex attraction before we had even met even though, whoopsie, she forgot to tell me about that detail, (c) divorced me and then married her affair partner, and (d) created a not-working-too-well blended family with her wife and wife's kids.

Three pieces of advice:
1.  My therapist recommended focusing on actions instead of words because my ex-wife's actions would always be more truthful.  As a big, obvious example, should I trust the wedding vows she said, or should I instead trust what her actions described above were telling me?  

2.  Trying to untangle my ex-wife's sexuality and making sense of the confusing labels she threw on herself was a waste of time.  The only label that matters is "not straight" (i.e., not what I signed up for).

3.  You've got too much to offer yourself, your kids, your family and someone who truly deserves you.  Playing the pointless, unwinnable game of trying to make sense of anything they say or do is a waste.  So if you haven't already, get the heck out of there and focus on you instead.  He deserves zero of your headspace.

Board footera