OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2023 4:22 pm  #1

Being used for my empathy?

Edited

Last edited by Canary2 (December 5, 2023 4:47 pm)

April 17, 2023 6:32 pm  #2

Re: Being used for my empathy?

thank you for your post, Canary, it is very validating.  I think you have nailed it on the head - the thing I finally realised about my ex is that being a liar is a way of life for him, he is fine with it, it is who he is.  And anything and everything goes when it comes to maintaining his closet - it's his home, I was never more than wallpaper for him.

Everybody thinks he's such a kind and gentle man, so trustworthy and though I know firsthand how unkind he really is I also don't feel like I need to warn people.  I think he has done well in his professional capacity.

Last edited by lily (April 17, 2023 6:34 pm)

April 18, 2023 6:34 am  #3

Re: Being used for my empathy?

I understand how you feel. I broke up with my gay ex boyfriend two years ago. I just wish that he had only wanted to be friends. He was not honest and that hurt. 

Board footera