OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2023 6:52 pm  #1

Maybe it's easier in the long run if they are gay

My story is on here somewhere but my first husband came out as gay 5 yrs or so in. We stayed together as friends til the kids were older and parted as friends, easily.
This husband is not gay (well, unless you count when he is she and with me?) anyway, not interested in men, or even other women. To be honest it would be easier in my mind to leave if it was that cut and dry.
Bizarre opinion maybe but being stuck in a marriage that is confusing is harder than it was to be in a marriage that was clearly over and we knew it.

April 5, 2023 11:55 am  #2

Re: Maybe it's easier in the long run if they are gay

I think it's easier if you look at the commonalities between both situations.  In both cases, you married someone who told you he was straight, but he lied.  Both husbands are colors within the LGBT+ rainbow, and my guess is that you didn't sign up for any of those colors.  They both aren't straight, so how should your analysis be any different?

Board footera