OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 2, 2023 5:50 pm  #11

Re: Question about trans clothes

I still haven't figured this out. I don't think my ex is gay, they still look for girl friends. Maybe non-binary? I don't know, this whole gender thing is so hard to separate from the politics of it all. My best guess for my ex is they weren't accepted as a "proper boy" so thought maybe being a woman was the answer? But I never was a "proper girl", and I'm comfortable with being a woman.  I grew up fighting the boxes of what was considered masculine or feminine, eventually figured that since I was female, then by definition, anything I did was feminine. I think the definition of what a woman or a man is supposed to be needs to change. But I really don't understand gender change, it all seems so based on stereotypes.

February 2, 2023 7:40 pm  #12

From what I have read, as things stand there are very few people who cannot be clearly identified as male or female from their chromosomes.  I haven't read anything scientific about it but imo sexual orientation is just as stable.

the rest is a bit more squishy though, isn't it.

February 2, 2023 9:24 pm  #13

Yeah, it is based on stereotypes.  Maria MacLachlan made a series of short you tube videos explaining this and much more.  I'll post the first one and if you find it helpful there are several more. 

Transgender ideology: awful argument 1 - A woman is...? - YouTube

February 2, 2023 10:30 pm  #14

She's a bit terse and abrupt but I did listen to it all

I'm very apprehensive of my grandchild's (identifies as a female) future but I'll listen to more videos because I need to learn more

E

KIA KAHA                       

February 3, 2023 4:00 pm  #15

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

She's a bit terse and abrupt but I did listen to it all

I'm very apprehensive of my grandchild's (identifies as a female) future but I'll listen to more videos because I need to learn more

E

How old is your grandchild? 

Board footera