OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2023 10:07 pm  #211

Re: 2022 was a fucked-up year

*hugs*

I am actually horrified at how expensive it is to be alive right now. I do make a half decent income overall....and I honestly can't afford to be a housed and fed adult. Apparently inflation on food alone this year has gone up another 27%.

That sounds like the perfect solution for those who are low income.....refuse to provide housing because it will take too much of your income....so you can do what exactly? Become homeless?

All I can picture is someone tsk-ing and saying "I'm sorry, but your income is too low to qualify for low income support, it would be too much of a hardship for you to have us support you". Has the world gone mad?

Coming from the other side of the world, I'm sorry to say I don't know a lot of the supports available in your neck of the woods. Is there any sort of assistance for gaining further training or education to improve your employment status?

I wish I could offer something more than a virtual hug!

I had to get some serious dental and maxo-facial surgery done. It is the result of an accident (I took a blow to the face), which should be covered (restorative treatment due to illness or accident is supposed to be covered under my work dental benefits). The insurance company has decided it's "cosmetic" - my jaw broke, which cracked the tooth and the whole thing abscessed. They covered the bone graft and tooth extraction but then said everything else was cosmetic. Apparently I should just deal with the gaping hole and deformity in my front teeth, as that doesn't count. Long story short I had to take a loan to cover the $8000 the insurance denied AFTER everything has already been started. The dentist is appealing the decision...but she's not holding out hope.

I'm up there on the hating life thing right now. Because you can add the lawyer fees in and I think I'll be paying off debt until I die!

Board footera