OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2023 1:32 am  #201

Re: 2022 was a fucked-up year

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

I received an email from A. last night, asking if I was okay and tentatively asking about reconciliation. 

I replied and explained my reasoning why it shouldn't happen. I won't post it all but this is a small part of my reply

I'm sure he wouldn't mind "reconciling" with you, it's still convenient. Good for you!

August 10, 2023 5:43 pm  #202

Rob and 42...I think my reply to him was my chance to move on. I wouldn't call it forgiveness as such but I'd rather move on without bitterness

KIA KAHA                       

August 10, 2023 7:29 pm  #203

Yeah, moving on without bitterness is probably the best outcome you could get.

I'm not sure if you're asking for an opinion, I'll share mine anyway I'd probably try to describe the pain he caused/is causing more. Though I guess you've done that multiple times over before or even in other parts of that email. And it may not make a difference to him anyway.

August 11, 2023 2:02 am  #204

Anon42 wrote:

I'd probably try to describe the pain he caused/is causing more. Though I guess you've done that multiple times over before or even in other parts of that email. And it may not make a difference to him anyway.

Yeah nah...A thinks differently and I know talking to him wouldn't help. It was always me doing the talking, me who wanted assurance.. clarity. While he hardly engaged with my concerns.

But I'm here if he ever wants to discuss anything. Pigs will fly if that ever happens.

E

KIA KAHA                       

August 11, 2023 2:13 am  #205

Yeah. I understand how might feel. It seems like it's the same with my wife unfortunately. I'm about to send her an email about my feelings (even though we live together, but it's hard to find time to talk 1:1). Not expecting much in return.

August 11, 2023 10:06 am  #206

Elle - I reached this same point myself. 

Last week, I filed for divorce. Unfortunately, I still need to keep in touch to an extent to ask certain questions and what not (as it's just soooo much cheaper than having to use a lawyer for every basic question). 

In his last email, he talked about how we should remain in this basic no contact state for now until things "calm down" and "blow over". Then after that we can be good friends. I am completely baffled.

I am assuming he is just going to ignore everything I asked, but I did reply to this with a few questions....like, please tell me what I gain from this idea? And that if he truly wanted to be friends after this, why hasn't he shown one iota of caring about me for over a year? 

It's mind boggling. That he would think after all the shit he put me through, then he just walked out and refused to talk about anything, and it's been a year and he can't even be nice to me....that he thinks I'm just gonna stick around? 

In some opposite universe were he sat down with me and had an adult conversation, where we discussed what was happening, worked out an amicable solution and then did the separation and divorce where we were both supportive and cared about the other....then, MAYBE I could see it. 

But.....doing absolutely nothing, refusing to talk, treating me like crap....sure, I'll jump right at the opportunity for such a friend *eye roll*

August 11, 2023 2:41 pm  #207

Anon2222 wrote:

...................Last week, I filed for divorce. Unfortunately, I still need to keep in touch to an extent to ask certain questions and what not (as it's just soooo much cheaper than having to use a lawyer for every basic question). ......

I'm not a religious person by any means Anon but....Hallelujah!! Another step taken by you

I kinda wish I could do some of this between A. and me and avoid lawyers bills but I don't want to put myself in the position of exactly that.....getting into conversations that may make me angry, triggered or upset. Going the lawyer route keeps it separate and clean. The few emails we've shared have been guarded and platonic except for the last one from A.....that I responded to appropriately unemotionally I thought. 
Last night I received another bill for $900 !@#$%^& which is chipping away at my pot of savings but I'd rather that than get into a conversation with the man who will probably be giving me more than half of the r'ship split anyway. 

I remember all the times my emotional outbursts at what he did and what was happening to us would spiral me into distress and I thought I'd die from it. But once I could admit the love was gone it all turned into a matter of survival, which meant no more emotion wasted on A. (omg....sometimes I sound so hollow and cold I think I'll never be emotionally-warm again)

If you keep asking him questions Anon you'll always be questioning the answers he gives you 

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

August 11, 2023 3:09 pm  #208

It's stupid questions like confirming an address and random crap. I'm likely gonna end up paying $15-20,000 for the divorce as it is. It costs like $35/minute of the lawyers time so I'm just trying to shave off what I can.

It's hard though. One moment I feel like I'm immune to his BS, the next minute I'm bawling. I'm over it. But I keep being told how well I am handling everything....not really feeling it, but ok. 

I will say, despite the wild swings of emotion you couldn't pay me enough to ever go back to that situation. That much I am firm on. I want nothing to do with him and don't want him playing a role in my life once the divorce is finalized.

My weakness still lies in having a few questions about the relationship itself. I'm at the 85% point of accepting I will never get any answers but I'm still working at beating back that last little bit of hope.

Divorce is awful at the "best" of times....this whole deceptive sexuality thing adds a whole other fucked up dimension to this.

August 11, 2023 4:00 pm  #209

Anon2222 wrote:

.......My weakness still lies in having a few questions about the relationship itself. I'm at the 85% point of accepting I will never get any answers but I'm still working at beating back that last little bit of hope....

Well when you think about it....15% is not much.....you're 85% almost there.!! The Forum will always be here for "ranting and raving" too. We're a far superior soundingboard and listening ear lol

E

KIA KAHA                       

August 29, 2023 2:58 pm  #210

Update;

I'm still living with my son & his girlfriend. Still feeling welcome/unwelcome. 
I applied for an apartment for people on low incomes but while I qualified they believe since the rent would be 62% of my income that I would suffer hardship. And declined the application. 
That's what I get moving to an expensive city......in a recession, cost of living crisis, and thinking it'll all work out.

I hate my life this morning

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera