OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2023 3:26 am  #11

Re: 2022 was a fucked-up year

Blackie563 wrote:

..... I have had several second thoughts. .,..

Yip me too. I know the trap. Falling back into indecision and thinking there's nowhere else for me

Hopefully not this time

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

January 25, 2023 9:34 am  #12

I know this has been a long time coming for you.  I hope you can find a way out of the impasse that is acceptable to you.

January 25, 2023 12:38 pm  #13

OutofHisCloset wrote:

I know this has been a long time coming for you.  I hope you can find a way out of the impasse that is acceptable to you.

6 years since the email that kicked all this off. Yip OOHC....a long time. I felt....different when I woke this morning and I almost don't want to talk about it the feeling is so new and I'm afraid if I do it will disappear lol 
So I'm not telling anybody just yet except my support Forum

E

KIA KAHA                       

January 25, 2023 3:22 pm  #14

I know this isn't an easy decision, and I am glad you have taken the time you needed to reach it.  I wish for peace for you today.

January 25, 2023 7:32 pm  #15

firefly wrote:

.,.  I wish for peace for you today.

Thank you Firefly

KIA KAHA                       

January 26, 2023 5:55 pm  #16

I'm glad you decided this. You will get information on your rights. That's always a positive. Hope it all works out, Elle.

Last edited by MJM017 (January 26, 2023 5:56 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

January 27, 2023 3:59 am  #17

MJM017 wrote:

I'm glad you decided this. You will get information on your rights. That's always a positive. Hope it all works out, Elle.

MJ....today my son came round, he's having 'life' issues. I immediately went into mother-mode thinking "I can't drop this bombshell on him now"

Grrrrr...sigh

KIA KAHA                       

January 27, 2023 9:57 am  #18

Elle - I'm glad the call went well. What is a divorce counselor - lol!!!  I found my therapist by searching "Betrayal therapist." My therapy sessions have helped to keep me focused on what is best for me.  I am going through the divorce process, and I have had doubts. But remembering the disrespect and years of feeling lonely and unwanted has helped to keep the train moving. 

January 27, 2023 12:13 pm  #19

Nor being aware of the laws where you live I wonder if the divorce counselor may be more like a mediator? As I recall, you have refer to him as your "partner" rather than "spouse" or "husband" and given indications that you never married him. Maybe the law will force you to wind your relation down by coming to agreements rather than the way it otherwise would handle a divorce?

I wish you (singular) all the best. 

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

January 27, 2023 12:17 pm  #20

gwendolyn_C wrote:

- I'm glad the call went well. What is a divorce counselor - lol!!!  I found my therapist by searching "Betrayal therapist."n My therapy sessions have helped to keep me focused on what is best for me.  I am going through the divorce process, and I have had doubts. But remembering the disrespect and years of feeling lonely and unwanted has helped to keep the train moving

Gwen... I think I'm beyond counseling these days. If anybody asked I'd talk but I've contained myself so well that nobody does and honestly I don't want to tell another stranger my story . And the lawyer I'm seeing on Monday doesn't need to know the ins and outs either so yeah....

What I woke up thinking this morning was that I have nowhere to go. When this all kicks off I have nowhere to go and no-one I'm certain would welcome me. I've never been on my own and while it's (kind of) exciting it scares me to the soles of my arthritic feet and I do believe I'll have to rely on the very person who fucked up my life to be magnanimous when I tell him I can't live like this anymore.

E

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera