OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2023 1:18 pm  #1

2022 was a fucked-up year

Full of sadness, indecision and disconnection.

This morning I made an appointment for a phone consult, stated it was about separating. I have to do this now, and besides you all understanding why...I'm saying it here because I can't turn around now and say I couldn't go through with it. 
I'm 65 in May. If I live as long as my mother I'll have 20 more years and I don't want them to be like my life is now. I don't know where I'll live, or how but if I don't begin the end of us now I'm scared I'll be in this hell forever.
It's 7.13am here. The phone consult is at 12.15

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

January 24, 2023 1:56 pm  #2

Re: 2022 was a fucked-up year

*hugs* You got this! At this point, just look at it as a gathering of the thoughts and finding out your options. You don't have to make any decisions just yet. One step at a time. Good luck!

January 24, 2023 2:08 pm  #3

Anon2222 wrote:

*hugs* You got this! At this point, just look at it as a gathering of the thoughts and finding out your options. You don't have to make any decisions just yet. One step at a time. Good luck!

That's just it though. This is not a gathering of thoughts, you name it I've thought it a hundred times. I don't care about options, I just want to get this started. And this today is a decision. 
Hugs back

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

January 24, 2023 4:04 pm  #4

good luck, Elle!

January 24, 2023 4:15 pm  #5

Elle - you got this! One step at a time! 

January 24, 2023 6:42 pm  #6

lily wrote:

good luck, Elle!

gwendolyn_C wrote:

Elle - you got this! One step at a time! 

Thank you both. The phone consult went well. I have an  face-to-face appointment with her next Monday. She 
spoke of engaging a 'divorce counsellor'. Not sure what that is.....an opportunity for somebody else to make money from this? I dunno

Anyway....roll on Monday

KIA KAHA                       

January 24, 2023 9:50 pm  #7

Elle,

Good deal.  Not sure what a divorce counselor is...  but nothing wrong with talking to people.

Wishing you strength and encouragement..God is with you.

Last edited by Rob (January 24, 2023 9:52 pm)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

January 24, 2023 10:32 pm  #8

I'm glad to hear it went well. Keep taking those steps forward. I still have to figure out all the legalities of all this divorce thing...I have this recurring nightmare that I'll go through the process and then find out 10 years later that I'm not actually legally divorced lol

January 24, 2023 10:54 pm  #9

Glad it went well. Hold the line! As you go through, I have had several second thoughts. Then, I remeber the disrespect, childish behavior, the harm to my kids and I know its the right pathway for me,. Godspeed in your journey!

January 25, 2023 3:19 am  #10

Rob wrote:

....Wishing you strength and encouragement..

Thank you Rob. That means a lot ☺️

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera