OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2023 3:50 pm  #1

Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a Happy New Years. Hope everyone has a better 2023 than 2022 was.

Be well,
Clif

January 1, 2023 4:00 pm  #2

Re: 2023

Happy New Year, all! Wishing everyone a happier, healthy and personally fulfilling 2023.

I didn't log on much in 2022, but come back occasionally to read others' stories when I feel I need it. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by clintonia (January 1, 2023 4:02 pm)

January 2, 2023 12:12 pm  #3

My life feels empty. Just these damn thoughts persistently hammering away and consuming any chance to think a normal happy thought.

I can't remember the last time the Mindfuck wasn't the first thought I had when waking. How do I come back from that? I don't. There's only one path in front of me and it doesn't seem to lead anywhere.

KIA KAHA                       

January 2, 2023 12:51 pm  #4

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

My life feels empty. Just these damn thoughts persistently hammering away and consuming any chance to think a normal happy thought.

I can't remember the last time the Mindfuck wasn't the first thought I had when waking. How do I come back from that? I don't. There's only one path in front of me and it doesn't seem to lead anywhere.

Wow - sounds like we have a lot in common if you’d been decent enough to read an entire thread before coming at me with hate.

Maybe Go to the doctor…. Sounds like you could use  medication.

January 4, 2023 1:07 pm  #5

Ellexoh: I hear you.  I'm in the "what am I alive for now?" phase of things.

January 4, 2023 2:17 pm  #6

walkbymyself wrote:

Ellexoh: I hear you.  I'm in the "what am I alive for now?" phase of things.

And I hear you too Walk   (I sent you a message) 
"this Mindfuck has changed me so much that internally, no matter how good my life is, how many people around me, how easy the rest of my time on earth is
... It will always be empty inside me"

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

January 4, 2023 3:13 pm  #7

I too am stuck in the "what is the point" phase. I just feel blah. Going through the motions, the whole what am I even here for. 

I had plans. A life. Hobbies. Now I just work a lot. And have conversations with my pets (my Aunt put it eloquently as no one can say you're talking to yourself when you say you're talking to your dog lol).

Doesn't help that my dog just died....

Board footera