OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 10, 2022 11:26 am  #1

It's Time to Talk About Infidelity - Documentary

Hello, My name is Sophie and I am a Documentary Producer for a production company called Curve Media. We make high end documentaries for the BBC, Channel4 and Netflix, amongst others. We are currently developing a documentary that will tell the story of an affair. Told in the past tense, this project will look at the huge effect of infidelity on a marriage. It will aim to understand the whole picture, reflecting on what happened and what was learnt. Tonally, the project will be incredibly thoughtful, filmed in a sensitive, serious way - much like the BBC programme, Couples Therapy. The narrative of the documentary will be sown together through sit-down interviews similar to that in Touching the Void If you would be interested in sharing the story of your, your partner or your ex-partner’s affair please do get in contact with me.   I realise this is a really, really personal subject to share with me but I can guarantee that our initial conversation will be completely off the record. Anything that we discuss, will not be shared without your permission. If you would be willing to talk to me and find out more My hope is that this project will be a genuinely positive, reflective process for the people who are willing to take part and share their story. My email is theaffair@curvemedia.com if you would like to be in touch.  Thank you  Sophie 

October 10, 2022 12:45 pm  #2

Re: It's Time to Talk About Infidelity - Documentary

Sophie this is a support forum for straightspouses.

My opinion only but I believe you should address your request to the Ourpath administration

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

October 10, 2022 4:59 pm  #3

Hi Sophie, let me quote you back to yourself - "Tonally, the project will be incredibly thoughtful..."

Okay so it will appear to be 'incredibly thoughtful' - I understand that appearance is integral to the business you are engaged in but that sounds like a snow job right from the start!

Here we are primarily talking about the betrayal and deception due to the hidden sexual orientation.  There is no fidelity from the start.  No reciprocity of feeling from the beginning.  But I am guessing that tonally your documentary is going to gloss over that aspect of human sexuality and focus on the affair? 

Last edited by lily (October 10, 2022 5:03 pm)

October 10, 2022 5:08 pm  #4

Dear Faceless Media Company-

Before you make your documentary, I suggest you read this entire thread and its links. 

https://straightspouse.boardhost.com/viewtopic_mobile.php?id=3107

This thread details the different ways we see straight spouses of gay-in-denial partners depicted extremely poorly in the media.

The straight spouses tend to be the butt of jokes or misrepresented as happy their LGBTQ spouses are finally true to themselves.  Bullshit.

You are making a film about about affairs, but to do this gay-spouse story right, you’ll need to discuss narcissistic personality disorders.

If you still want to tell this story correctly, I suggest you contact the site administrators before you post here.

Board footera