OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2022 5:22 pm  #1

Online Support

Hello,

I am looking to see if there is an online support group going on as I would like to join. Unfortunately, there are no Straight Spouse Support Groups in my area. 

September 18, 2022 11:48 pm  #2

Re: Online Support

Hi ParkerAnne, I haven't seen anyone here talk about online meets, but it's worth asking.

In the meantime, know that you can use this board at any time. There are many regulars here, and a lot of personal experience. Keep in mind that you don't have to register to read, so anything you post here is public. Avoid potentially identifiable personal details. It's quite OK to be a bit vague about things such as how long you have been married, any kids you may have, their ages, etc.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

September 19, 2022 12:29 am  #3

I would also be interested in online meetups or something like that.

My LW attends an online support group for lesbians who came out late in life, and they have an online meeting every 2 weeks or so.

September 19, 2022 2:55 pm  #4

I would love to see some of the faces from this Forum. It has saved my sanity; but some real-life support would be therapeutic. Better yet, locals that could relate and literally "be there" would take some of the sting out of the isolation that this causes. All of my family is gone and so I have been totally alone through all of this madness. Man, we are a reselient lot!

September 19, 2022 10:00 pm  #5

Well, I say we coordinate an online meetup session.

It might not work all the way there, but hey... what's there to lose. For us who live far from the in person support groups it will come in handy

September 19, 2022 11:03 pm  #6

Some Our Path regions have online meetings which may accept people outside their area.

Or as Bertuccio said, we can have an informal Zoom meeting for members of this forum. I'd attend. We have to calculate a good meeting time to accommodate members from all over the world.

I think it's a very good idea!

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

September 20, 2022 7:32 am  #7

Yah, I would potentially participate. This forum is one of the only places where I have been blunt and honest. Ironically, anywhere else, I struggle with overwhelming guilt if I talk about my situation. I still don't know if what I went thru is really that bad I guess? And I don't want anyone to think negatively about him, especially his family. It's so messed up, not gonna lie.

September 20, 2022 7:58 am  #8

Annon2222, I know how you feel. I broke up with my gay ex boyfriend a little over a year ago. At first, I told a few people that he was gay. Then, I thought I wouldn't. I think a lot of people already knew. I was able to forgive him but I won't forget what he did to me and also to his deceased wife.

Board footera