OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 23, 2022 7:54 pm  #21

Re: How did I get here?

Anon, the recognition that your ex was staring true love in the face and saying that is what he wanted is painfully ironic.  It is entirely normal to be horribly depressed right now.

I tend to avoid threads about depression because my fear is that the meds people take can end up becoming a problem in themselves.  I don't take them.  Never have.  Well I took half a tablet when I was diagnosed with depression and refused to take any more - said it was my depression and I'd get over it in my time.  Fortunately for me my counsellor supported me.

That said, I am writing because there's nothing can make you more depressed than love is there - though I am forever sad for not having children, it is romantic love that is the wellspring.

One thing has changed for you - he has moved out.  This is an improvement.  He is not right there beside you playing you day in day out.  You can relax.  Everything you do is a little bit of self regained.  More hugs.

Board footera