OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2022 6:54 am  #21

Re: Personal Torment

I am ready to share parts of my story. I need to find out if I share it here or in the section for my story? I tried in July of 20/20 and received abuse from a member. I was so very hurt and upset that I have not shared much.

August 11, 2022 8:24 am  #22

Gloria, I am so sorry to hear that. No one deserves abuse at any time, but especially from a support group! We all process, act and cope differently, so have to be open to the fact that we are all struggling, but in different ways.

I did post my story on the story forum but I found I prefer to post in the support/general categories instead since you can get comments and support that way. Either way though, I hope you feel comfortable to share your story and get the support you need.

August 11, 2022 8:32 am  #23

Anon222, Thank you. I cannot do it this moment as I am going out of town. I first posted in is he or she gay. I was told to post in the support category. I will try again at some point. I want to help and encourage others. Thank you for your kind response.

August 14, 2022 4:17 pm  #24

Anon2222 wrote:

Thanks all.

Weve fought for the past couple days. I wish I could just rewind to when things were good and keep it there. At this point in time I would still seriously consider a MOM if he was open to it. Which makes me feel kinda pathetic. I have given everything to this marriage and it has been a real slap in the face to see I was the only one. It has left me feeling worthless, unlovable, disposable. 

This is where I am, and have been, for the last little while. You aren’t alone. 

Just this last week was our anniversary. I gave him concert tickets to a musician he loves (not someone on my radar). He didn’t even remember our anniversary at all, and didn’t even make an attempt to give me something after the fact. No guilt, no remorse, nothing. For years, he used the excuse that he doesn’t buy good gifts (all occasions were the same), so I created wish lists. I sent him links, sizes, colours…. Nope. The day before he would attempt to rush out and find something, so he could say he didn’t have time.

truth is, he didn’t care. He always has the best of the things he wants though.

And I don’t care about “things” but being thought of is important to me. 

August 14, 2022 4:46 pm  #25

Ninjamom wrote:

truth is, he didn’t care. 

This is why this experience has been so difficult for me. 

After 20 years with a GID narcissist, the hardest thing for me to accept has been that I was the only one who ever cared about creating a partnership. I am forced to face the fact that I was a complete fool to put up with it. 

Feeling like a longterm fool is not helpful for my recovery, so I have sought to convert it to anger. 

But the whole experience is just so wasteful.  Such a total waste of love.  🤦‍♂️

Board footera