OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2022 8:12 am  #1

I let him go with love.

Hi, friends.  I haven't visited this forum since February of this year.....  I am a hetero female who has been dating a bisexual man for 10 months, someone I have known for 43 years.  I was madly in love.

My partner was given to rants and rages, big mood swings....lots of unresolved anger and resentment and confusion about his sexual orientation, and definitely into some kink that was not in my playbook.

A few weeks ago, I set him free.  He had just finished one of his various rants, which included how he wanted to be his "authentic self."  Well....that would include bisexuality and kink....things I cannot abide.

So, I cried hard for a day, and then cut him loose, with love.  Not only was it a loving thing to do for myself, as his volatility was taking a toll on my health, but it was the most loving thing I could do for him.  Now he is free to live his life outside the parameters of a monogomous hetero relationship.  

I am healing.  I really appreciate that I found this forum.... It really helped me through some difficulties.

I feel really at peace with my decision.  It will hurt for a while, I am sure, but every day there is just a little more healing and a little more peace.

I wish everyone here the best on their respective journeys.  Best regards to you all!

August 4, 2022 4:54 pm  #2

Re: I let him go with love.

I wish you well. You may find that you have bad days. Hopefully less of them as time goes by. You can always stop by to commiserate with us. We also like hearing about success. It gives us hope. 

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

August 5, 2022 9:25 am  #3

Re: I let him go with love.

Thank you, Daryl.  I appreciate your note and support.  So far, so good.  I feel at peace.  Blessings to you!

Board footera