OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2022 10:01 pm  #31

Re: It's been very quiet in here the last few days

lily wrote:

I don't understand this funding thing - how much has it cost to take our name away?

Fantastic research Lily

E

KIA KAHA                       

June 28, 2022 6:03 pm  #32

lily wrote:

okay so I just did a search by typing "wife of transgender husband" - wow, just wow.  Now I understand why the transgender husbands are coming out of the closet and then getting upset when things don't go their way - there is a ton of articles of transgender men telling their wives and living happily ever after.  What a snow job!

anyway so ten pages in and OurPath had not come up at all.  Did you find the link to OurPath directly on Google, Grace, or did you find it through an article?

Olivia, yes, exactly - trans, crossdresser, bisexual or plain old gay - why would you be looking for Our Path?  what do those words mean to someone who is straight and just discovering their partner is gay - Google isn't a mind reader, it's a word reader.  

Wading through ten pages, the trans content amped up on the second search but both times it was lots of articles on how to be a nice wifey and support your newly brave transitioning husband.  I would have found that very hard - if there is one group who could raise a little flag of support for the straight spouse you would think it would be us and the Straight Spouse Network, real support at an unreal time - did so.  It was page one when I went looking.  

I don't understand this funding thing - how much has it cost to take our name away?

Try "support for wife of transgender husband" the "support" portion is what brought up this site.

July 8, 2022 2:15 pm  #33

I woke this morning thinking, as I do often do, about the Mindfuck. Specifically thinking about the thread "where in the world are we all" and I recalled when I joined this Forum there were more people contributing, more registered people online, and more unregistered on the sidelines reading. I used to think "wow I hope these men and women find the courage to join us" Sometimes there were up to 20 of them. I'm aware they may not all have been straightspouses. But now there are only ever a handful.

More proof I believe that this site has become harder to find. Or rather... easier to pass by. Personally I would have. It sounds like a religious group.
Straightspouse said it like is is, that's who we are.
Ourpath sounds like we've backed down, been pushed to the back of the closet and lost our identity. Again.

If I had a voice.. Ourpath world be gone and we would be Straight.Path

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

July 8, 2022 5:03 pm  #34

Hey that's a good name, Elle - straight path, tho that possibly goes towards the concern about it being a political kind of straight thing rather than the simple specific of it being about relationships and so Straight spouse worked very well.

I agree I would have passed a One Path by on the basis that it sounds like a religious cult.

And I don't think a generic word like support is going to reach the majority of people in those early days of discovery - really the first thing is you just want to find out what territory you are in and not specifically looking for support.

The sun is back - a glorious few days just when we were expecting another flood (Sydney has copped it this time)

July 8, 2022 5:12 pm  #35

lily wrote:

Hey that's a good name, Elle - straight path....
The sun is back - a glorious few days just when we were expecting another flood (Sydney has copped it this time)

I thought so straight from a straightspouses mouth right?

And yes....over here everybody has been watching the mind-boggling flooding drenching Sydney is getting. The video of it all has been heartwrenching

KIA KAHA                       

July 8, 2022 6:30 pm  #36

When it was happening here the local news called it rain bombs.  oh wow, that's exactly what it was like!

It is classified sub tropical here, we expect floods as a normal thing.  In the previous major flood I was still living up the end of a rainforest valley.  There were boulders crashing and tumbling down the creek and then for a few minutes the rain was so intense it was still running down the slope but standing two inches on the ground, it could not run away fast enough.  Two minutes, a mini rain bomb, just one and it was enough to worry me about being caught in a flash flood.  'This time they came in multiples and lasted for 1 or 2 hours at a time in this last flood.  The damage is extensive and they are saying another two years before El Nina changes and oh hooray we can go back to droughts and bushfire.  so not looking forward to that.  

Right here and now is a perfect day, warm sunshine cool breeze clear skies.  and all the trees washed clean and sparkly.

July 8, 2022 9:11 pm  #37

I was told that the Facebook group was where people were being directed now when they made contact.  I don't do Facebook, because I don't want to give Zuckerberg my data to mine.

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (July 8, 2022 9:12 pm)

July 8, 2022 11:10 pm  #38

I’ll spice it up
Here’s my short story of it.
After hearing my story I would like to know what others think.
Two weeks before my wedding a good friend of my X literally stopped me in the street to tell me I shouldn’t marry X. He said I shouldn’t marry him because he’s gay. I questioned my ex that night. He said he wasn’t. I believed him and we got married.
Nine months later he is accused of sexual harassment at his work with a gay man. He tells me that it isn’t true. I believe him. Even though the accuser put 1200 flyers on our cars at work. Stating that our marriage was a sham and that he was gay and I was a slut. Still I believe him when he told me it wasn’t true that person was terminated and the sexual harassment case went away was never heard.
My marriage was loveless we were married for 13 years we have been divorced now for 10 years. For some reason all of these memories are  just coming back to me within the last 4 weeks.
My therapist says it’s because I’m not threatened by him anymore (Narcissist) and I can finally released my most inner fears. I just want to know…he’s gay right? There are so many more details that I know from those years we were married that steer towards my answer but the above I know to be the truth; and it’s all I really have to go off of. I’m super sad and I cry all the time and I feel betrayed in the worst way because the pink flags were there I just didn’t know how to see them. I loved him with all my heart when I married him. I was blinded I think…

July 8, 2022 11:49 pm  #39

23yearslater1998 wrote:

It didn't really need spicng up lol. We're discussing more the site and the way it works. And why we have less people posting

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

July 9, 2022 7:18 am  #40

We need more people posting in my opinion. I post some but not all of my business. I am very private.

Board footera