OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2022 2:53 pm  #11

Re: What did you do with the ring?

I'm probably giving mine to my daughter.  She can do what she likes with them.

July 13, 2022 5:21 am  #12

Sell them if they are worth anything. Buy something, or an experience, you've always wanted.

October 19, 2022 10:37 am  #13

My ex came out to me in January, and April was our engagement anniversary. I was dreading it. That day I took my rings to the place he proposed, my favorite place to sit and read back then. I was going to bury them and have a funeral. But there’s a swamp there…so in the heat of the emotional moment I threw them into the swamp and yelled whatever came pouring out. VERY cathartic!!!

Mine weren’t expensive, just the cheapest Zales mall ring. He was a poor college student then and didn’t like me or want to marry me! If they were worth more I might try to sell.

Board footera