OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2022 9:04 pm  #11

Re: Brand new to this!

OutofHisCloset wrote:

Anon:
   I'd suggest you stop letting your husband "share" with you.  It's cruelty masquerading as honesty.   Tell him that you know enough and you don't want to hear anymore.  I don't remember where you are in the divorce process (I assume your husband wants one, whether he's said this or not, or he wouldn't tell you the things he is telling you, which, if he hasn't said he wants a divorce, he is telling you so that you will divorce him), but I'd tell him that your relationship is no longer one in which he can expect you to empathize with him as a wife would.  

It really is a mind f**k. Sometimes I feel like it's like a train wreck....I just can't look away. I keep asking questions I know I shouldn't and like torturing myself with the answers. I have this sudden need to know everything and I keep mentally twisting it around my head. I have never been through anything so awful in my life. Reading all these stories....I don't know how people get through some of this...

July 19, 2022 9:39 pm  #12

Re: Brand new to this!

Anon2222 wrote:

...I just can't look away. I keep asking questions I know I shouldn't and like torturing myself with the answers. I have this sudden need to know everything and I keep mentally twisting it around my head. I have never been through anything so awful in my life.....

Let me tell you that when you no longer have to ask those questions, when you can head off the sinking, sickening feeling you have when you ask and get given answers that don't sound true....when you can stop yourself....think for a moment.....and not say a word, because you realise it's a waste of time asking....well it's like you've won a race/climbed a mountain/lifted a weight off your shoulders
You can do this Anon

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera