OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 22, 2022 1:43 pm  #11

Re: Watching Depp/Heard

Victo wrote:

Hollywood and all its fake pomp and celebrity....wow

The only way I'd believe anything about this whole sorry drama is if Depp joined the Forum and became one of us

And that's not going to happen. Although how good would that be... having a famous celeb as a straightspouse who doesn't mind being in the spotlight!

😁

KIA KAHA                       

June 22, 2022 2:35 pm  #12

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

And that's not going to happen. Although how good would that be... having a famous celeb as a straightspouse who doesn't mind being in the spotlight!
😁

It has happened in the past. Usually, however, under an alias. I recall a prominent author, a performer, and a well-known spouse of a politician who was considered a US presidential prospect before he came out (because he was about to be outed). If Depp wants to join, either as himself or under an alias, he is welcome.

June 22, 2022 4:39 pm  #13

Welcome Johnny, if you're watching!

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

June 22, 2022 6:08 pm  #14

It's not the celebrity thing, other than to note they are just as vulnerable as any of us to be caught by a narcissist - idk what the names are these days but there is a line between self centred and selfish to the point of being heedless or not caring about the damage they inflict on others - and self centred and selfish and mean with it.

Well Sam Vaknin coined the phrase malignant narcissist and I guess the more old fashioned term would be sociopath - someone who wants to harm others socially not physically.  I don't really care either will do, just that it be recognised that some people are mean.

People for whom life is never better than when they are hurting someone.

I remember this incident where I was in a crowd of people at some event and we'd got pushed up quite close, though there was still maybe a foot of clear space around us.  The man in front of me stepped back and trod on my foot.  I asked him to move, he ignored me on the third time he turned his head to look at me as he ground his heel into my foot a bit more before releasing it.  I had done nothing, I hadn't touched him or impinged on his space at all, I wasn't noisy or smelly or anything that could possibly be construed as affecting him at all - no it was the pleasure of it, he wanted me to know it was deliberate, that gave him pleasure too.

Amber looks like she is going to profit - the whole world knows she had a threesome with Elon Musk, that's a dinner ticket isn't it!  and that's just for starters.

And then, on a personal note, there's the closeted and entirely underhanded version.  My ex, everybody thinks he's so nice but I know different.

Board footera