OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2022 10:37 am  #1

For littlemammadee

Littlemammadee wrote:
I found out my husband was bi 6 months ago. We have been together for 21 years and have 4 children ranging from 7- 20. He knew he was bi the whole relationship but choose to present himself as homophobic to me. I being the people pleaser i was raised to be let him get with someone at first but then I said I couldn't have an open or poly relationship. HE was mad at first but said we could have a monogamous relationship. However he still searches and texts the guy he hooked up with when things are rough with us or he is feeling "really feminin". I am not sure if i can ever trust him not to cheat on me now?  He is showing signs of wanting to transition into a women but I said I never wanted to be with a women and will never have a wife. I fear he is trying to keep it all in and will cheat because I " Cannot" accept his true self. Everything we have it tied up together and he has never had to take care of himself. I fear he is only staying so that I can continue to care for him while he plays around behind my back. I am just so hurt lost and confused right now! I have spent the last 21 years loving him with all of me.

Elle wrote:@Littlemammadee....
The simple answer is.....stop talking care of him.

Start taking care of you, and seeing yourself as worthy of more than what he gives you

ElleLast edited by Ellexoh_nz (Yesterday 4:43 pm)KIA KAHA                       

May 30, 2022 8:13 am  #2

Re: For littlemammadee

Good advice Elle/Kia

Board footera