OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 15, 2016 2:22 pm  #31

Re: The latest

I want to play how about...

'put the oxygen mask on yourself first'

December 15, 2016 5:19 pm  #32

Here is one:
When a guy he obviously knew (although he said he knew he knew him but couldn't remember from where)
asked him "do you still have a girl?"
His response: "yeah her for now"
With me standing there hearing the whole exchange. But of course he said he mixed up his words....NOT!

So mine is:
"yeah her for now"

I know this isn't a therapist or other kind person statement. 
But powerful....how many have said this, but most just didn't know it.

Cheers to us all

Last edited by LC (December 15, 2016 5:22 pm)

December 16, 2016 6:55 am  #33

Hi all, I'm glad my share opened up such a conversation!  Maybe we need a little humor here as well.  Reading all of your stories is so painful, but I have hope for all of you.  I hopped back on the boards because the holidays are always a tough time for me, and supporting others who are now going through what I did 15 years ago helps both of us.  

I want to play the game, "what's the craziest blame your ex ever placed on you?"  I have many to start with.

The intention here would be to laugh out loud at how ridiculous the statement even is, and how looking at it now in hindsight helps us realize what we will never have to place again.  

Even better, what is the best thing you have done for yourself this week? 

I'll start: 
The night I asked him about why he was pushing me so hard to have kids...and he woke me up out of bed to ask, "You unpacked the groceries the wrong way again.  Why do you put everything on the top shelf of the fridge?  Are you just too lazy to bend over?"

This week, the best thing I did was quietly sit in my home roasting cinnamon nuts and listening to my parent's old Christmas albums from the 50s. 

Peace to all of you and I hope you continue to share.

Last edited by maresyd (December 16, 2016 6:56 am)

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

December 16, 2016 8:18 pm  #34

"Craziest thing"

After having found naked pictures of him taken by someone else, he said "that computer is mine, I have a right to my privacy. what gives you the right?!" to which I replied "the moment you said I do is the moment that you have no sexual privacy from me". you all know how this argument went.

Best thing

I  gave my two cats catnip and played with them, it was peaceful and made me happy.    :}

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

December 16, 2016 8:49 pm  #35

JJ1966, love that you are doing things that make YOU happy!   Thanks for sharing the crazy, too.  someone else will benefit from hearing all of someone else's quotes, I'm sure. 

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

December 16, 2016 9:05 pm  #36

maresyd wrote:

Kel, best. quote. ever.  Posting that on my wall.  Thanks for sharing that! 

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

This made me laugh so hard, I REALLY needed that....LOL

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

December 16, 2016 9:18 pm  #37

LC, 

When he said "yeah, her for now.." you should have replied to both of them "no, he's alone and you can fucking have him...." LOL I told a woman mine screwed decades ago just that. We were all standing together and he expected me to fight for him. I told the other woman - this was in 1986 and pre TGT stuff - she could have him and good luck with that little integrity challenge he has. I turned and walked off but when I looked back they were both standing there with there mouths hanging open. He expected me to fight for him. I just had my hand on the toilet lever instead.

December 16, 2016 9:28 pm  #38

HAHAHAHA Vicky!

December 16, 2016 10:25 pm  #39

"Just because you say it 100 times doesn't make it truth!"

That's my own I tell him when he spews his crap

December 17, 2016 5:25 am  #40

LC, nice!  And your statement is very true.  Hard for many of us to believe when we are in it.  Thanks for sharing that strength!

Board footera