OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 24, 2022 10:00 pm  #11

Re: The day my earth shattered

I am so sorry about your wife. I am currently going through the same with my husband and I am heartbroken.

May 24, 2022 11:07 am  #12

Re: The day my earth shattered

Islander, I'm sorry for your situation. Reading your post was like somebody reading about my life. Two kids, great life, no warning. No decline. Nothing. Actively having regular sex within the last month.
Our whole lives, changed in an instant. Sleeping in the guest room, waking up and hoping it was just a dream.

What really struck a chord with me was your description of the amicability. I feel the same way in that I have a difficult time being angry at her. Instead I'm just mad at the world.

I hope things are slowly getting better for you. I would offer insight, but I'm only a week into this hellish journey. Just wanted to say thank you for your post, it helps to feel there's someone out there in exactly the same boat.

Board footera