OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2022 7:28 am  #1

What's up with the preparation H?

I've seen a few posts here examining their husband's constant use of hemorrhoid cream. I see the correlation but need more clarification. I know that my husband uses it constantly. Even had to have them lanced. These also started around the same time sex life dropped off. Do all gay men experience hemorrhoids regularly?

January 11, 2022 8:44 am  #2

Re: What's up with the preparation H?

That is a good question. Me gay ex didn't but that doesn't mean that all gay men do..

January 11, 2022 5:33 pm  #3

Sorry for being gross, but my late GIDXH (not in denial to himself) had chronic diarrhea.  I assume he had Shigellosis, which can be caused by sex back there and uncleanliness.  He was a slob/messy and had encounters in public restrooms. It was one more disgusting thing on the dirt sandwich our marriage was.

Use it as a metaphor of what your life is like with him. Help yourself. You deserve a better life.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

February 3, 2024 10:47 am  #4

That's so weird you say that mjm017 because my gay boyfriend also has chronic diarrhea.  He's not dirty but i thought that him going to bathroom (diarrhea) that many times in a day was abnormal but he seems to think it isn't. I'm like i never met anyone who shits that much in one day. What is Shigellosis?

February 3, 2024 3:34 pm  #5

Hi,

Sorry you're going through this.

Here's a blurb about it from the CDC (sorry about being gross):

Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men* are among groups at high risk for infection with Shigella germs. This infection is called shigellosis. Shigella germs spread easily and rapidly among people, including during sexual activity.

Men who have sex with men are particularly at risk for infections with antimicrobial-resistant Shigella. Antimicrobial resistance happens when germs like bacteria and fungi develop the ability to defeat the drugs designed to kill them. That means the germs are not killed and continue to grow. Shigella germs are increasingly resistant to antibiotic treatment.

Here's the link:
https://www.cdc.gov/shigella/msm.html#:~:text=contains%20mature%20language.-,Gay%2C%20bisexual%2C%20and%20other%20men%20who%20have%20sex%20with%20men,people%2C%20including%20during%20sexual%20activity

(Sorry, can't make the link work. )

My late GIDXH's behavior was so embarrassing from the above to cheating with anonymous men in restrooms. He had a gay sex addiction and I wonder if he had a fetish with poop.

The bacteria causing Shillega can be resistant to antibiotics. This is scary for them and for unsuspecting straight partners too.

Am so glad that chapter of my life is over. The best thing I ever did was to leave and cease all contact with him. It opens the door to a better future.

Last edited by MJM017 (February 3, 2024 3:46 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

February 5, 2024 1:06 pm  #6

Thank you for the great information.

February 5, 2024 8:47 pm  #7

I think I should add that this infection is also an infection you can get from food that has been contaminated. This one is being spread through the oral fecal route. Basically lots of infections can be spread that way.  Basically the guy did anal and somehow didn'r wash his hands before getting the bacteria in his mouth. There are certian gay sex practises that make it highly possible to spreed this one. 

Last edited by Diff I guess (February 5, 2024 8:48 pm)

Board footera