OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 23, 2021 5:10 pm  #11

Re: Why does he have to ruin it?

LostAtSea,

I read your post and it made me emotional because i am just one month in since the gay bomb was dropped on me... but lately I have had moments of clarity about the narcissism and I dont think I ever really saw it that way.  Like he is so involved in how he feels about your birthday that he cannot control himself and impose on your day.  so selfish to make this day about him and his feelings.  I feel like ...you robbed someone of their free will to choose with all the facts and now you continue making it about you.
Please know i am sending you positive energy and do another dinner and enjoy it to the fullest.  Too much has been taken away...

July 23, 2021 5:46 pm  #12

LostAtSea wrote:

A judge has signed off on the divorce settlement, however I have to wait ANOTHER 120 days for it to be official and finalized. So it's the waiting period now.

Divorce laws are so different among jurisdictions. Am in a populous state, California. It's all done quickly so as to clear a judge's backlog. 

LostAtSea wrote:

PS. I handle contracts for a living. He has not learn that when you have a smart ex-wife, you don't stand a chance!

If they take advantage of you once, they persist despite hundreds of times they failed. Hope this doesn't offend anyone.      Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

Last edited by MJM017 (July 23, 2021 5:48 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

July 23, 2021 6:44 pm  #13

I am thinking about it too, to change back to my maiden name.
Hope those 120 days go fast... get busy! Looking forward for your sake, to have it official and finalized... OH, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! The next ones will be great, and you will celebrate it with people who really care! Hang in there.... you can do this...!

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).

July 23, 2021 11:04 pm  #14

I'm so sorry he had to intrude on your birthday.  You deserve some peace. 

Board footera