OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2020 8:30 pm  #1391

Re: A gay ex-husband answers your questions

TwistingInTheWind wrote:

Controll your OWN anger - I had enough of that as well. These "man" imposters go around sucking and fucking, lying and cheating and THEN try to pretend to be human beings. What a racket. Then they have a bunch of hapless women worshiping him. WOW - When will WE - as WOMEN wake up to the continued and continuing abusiveness of this kind of behaviour. I am desperately afraid that our entire culture is imploding. When it is possible fo anybody to do ANYTHING and then walk about and crow about it and be thanked and praised for it we are in BIG trouble. Yes, I am angry and I do not think that being angry is inappropriate on the contrary I can't understand why the rest of you aren't angry as HELL too. Men, deceive, cheat and steal ourvery lives and we should "control our anger" - WELL, that ain't happenin' with me.

yes, agreed Twisting.  Personally I feel our species is imploding.  Re Sean, he did help a number of women get a grasp on how their husband was actually thinking feeling and behaving.  Shame they could not listen to the straight spouses who were telling them the same but I get it - it is coming from the horse's mouth and it broke through the trance.  He was in a committed gay relationship and I think part of it was 'proving' to his lover that he really was 100% gay and committed but also I think it was genuine atonement.  When he first got here he expressed anger and rudeness towards his ex wife and got pulled up over it.  But way later down the track his story line was not so clear, he said a couple of things that gave me the impression that his ex-wife was a monogamous bisexual.  He appeared to be unable to tolerate that thought (the irony of it!).  

I don't mind calling myself an idiot, I know that, I just don't like being called one as an insult.  I also think it is the way we are.  Nothing you can do about it, it is only when your love has been worn through by the abusive relationship that you are able to see the seriousness of your situation.

​Re anger.  You are right to be angry, we all are, but what you do with it, that's the rub.  I have seen women come here consumed by their anger and unable to do anything else with it but confront their husband and all that happened from that is further manipulation and abuse.  First you need to get that wedge between you and your abuser or you are just feeding him more of your precious heart.  

Fear and anger are meat and potatoes to an abuser, love and jealousy are the icing on the cake.  First you need to detach so you can use your emotional energy to help yourself, not to interact with him.

Sean really did help a number of women find their way out of the 'but honey I love you' trap.

June 21, 2020 7:23 am  #1392

I am glad that , at least, a few people understand where I'm coming from.  After being in an emotionallly, physically and mentally abusive relationship from age 18 - 50 finding my self in the bottom of this cesspit at age 70 is too much for any human being NOT to be angry about.  So, thanks to those who are telling me that I need to "control my anger".  It seems like telling California that they need to "control those fires" - yeah sure.  The destructive nature of the "GayLighting" activities does remind of me an out of control forest fire.  I've consulted with a pyschiatrist and two therpists - none of them have ANY help or understanding for me.  All they is can do is to say "there, there dear it will all be okay if you can just 'move on' - MOVE ON to where at 70 years of age?  If it were not for joining ranks with the enemy I might very well "GO POSTAL" (for those of you who know the phrase).

June 21, 2020 9:06 am  #1393

One thing that helps me when my rage overwhelms me is to tell myself that he got more than half my life and I'll be damned if he's getting any of the rest of it (I'm 66; divorced at 64 after 36 years of marriage).  I also remind myself that my anger has no effect on him, only on me.  Our rage is justified.  But the effects of that rage are bad for my health, so I try to deflect it or rework it or channel it into something that helps me.    Physical labor.  The joy I find outside in the natural world.  You get the point. Seeing him or even reading his name is a trigger for me, so I try to avoid any and all mentions of him, and have distanced myself from mutual friends.
You process your rage at your own pace and in your own way.  

June 21, 2020 1:07 pm  #1394

To Lily:  I've seen an awful lot of crazy, mean, vicious "stuff" in my 70 years.  Northing and I mean nothing has enraged me as this situation has.  He knew and lied to me - over, and over, and over, and over.  Now I do not care why because there is no legitimate reason to be given.  I suffered abuse as a child.  I suffered abuse in my marriage - I survived and was so unbelievabley happy to have found someone who "loved" me and whom I could love with my whole heart.  He knew all this AND he knew that he was using me and that it would surface and that I would be destroyed by it and it continued - over and over and over and over for more than 17 years.  YES BY GOD I AM ANGRY!  To say "let it go", "move on", "get him out of your life", etc., etc., etc. is really not very helpful.  It may be that this forest fire will just have to "die out".  If you do not want to hear about (or read about it) then just don't look at what I post.  Just, please, do NOT try to muzzle me.  The explosion from that effort would  NOT be pretty.

June 21, 2020 3:00 pm  #1395

Twisting, I'm not the one who said control your anger, am I.  I've been nothing but supportive.  Other than to say don't call me names.  Which is fair enough isn't it.  Do not want to muzzle you at all.  I'd like to hear more.

Are you separated or still living with the (insert expletives)?  

I am 65.  The story of my life is no better than yours.  I live alone now.  If it is daylight hours and I can go pull some weeds or wash the car then I positively like feeling angry - it is bright and clean and turns to pleasure when I am doing something.  tbh my biggest problem at the moment is the grief - it's just too painful.

Yeah, out the frying pan into the fire - loving with your whole heart only to find you are being used.  No mercy given to the kind-hearted.  Happened to my mother too.  And last night I turned on the tv, story about a young couple setting up a market farm in Tasmania, a lot of hard work.  I look at the young woman, what beautiful hair, lovely face, look at the young man standing so close to her and he looks like a mean nasty controlling transgender type to me.  Who can tell her to run now?  and where to?  

let alone at our age.  

June 21, 2020 3:21 pm  #1396

I DO forget to be grateful for what I do have.  Relatively good health so far with some storms on the horizon.  A home of my own.  Freedom to make more disastrous decisions.  I say we teach young girls (I mean YOUNG) to fight - with their hands, heart and whatver else comes to hand.  Demand our due and establish some helllish penalities for this JUNK!!  Instead we talk about LOVE, CHILDREN, HOMEMAKING, SERVICE TO OTHERS AND MORE TRASH.  These great things and lovely attibutes mean NOTHING to most men and by most I would say about 99 percent.  We get thrown away, thrown under the bus, discarded when emply and worn out. 

I do know what you mean about the sadness and sorrow.  One reason that I allow myself the luxury of rage is to keep from drowning in the sadness and sorrow.  I say we take a lesson from the black widow spider!

June 22, 2020 3:14 pm  #1397

yes, we can be grateful for what we do have.  The most harrowing story I read here was a woman in a wheelchair, she had some sort of disability and along with it came a pension.  So there she is completely helpless as she realises not only has she married an increasingly abusive GID but she is his second victim - he has done it before.  

I think it's more complex than teaching young women to be more assertive.  What about the lesbians?

I've seen what an abusive narcissistic GIDW can do, I seen it up close - the hapless husband trusts the wife to have a moral core and she doesn't, he soaks up the punishment she dishes out to him, 'a happy wife is a happy life' right, right?, instead of a moral core she has a jealous fury in her heart - we see the husband doing the dirty work, a deadly tool in her hands, we don't see the power behind the throne manipulating him until it is too late. She created an agony in the family that does not go away.

But yes, you are right, I am not sure its possible to teach youngsters how to avoid being hooked by an abusive partner but it would be better to say watch out rather than extolling the virtues of being loving and giving, if you are like that you are like that and if you aren't you aren't.  

I look at all the punishment I soaked up in the name of love and see how the hurt extended to my whole family.  And I can see it was the same situation for my mother.  

June 24, 2020 11:14 pm  #1398

TwistingInTheWind wrote:

I've seen an awful lot of crazy, mean, vicious "stuff" in my 70 years. Northing and I mean nothing has enraged me as this situation has. He knew and lied to me - over, and over, and over, and over. Now I do not care why because there is no legitimate reason to be given..... YES BY GOD I AM ANGRY! To say "let it go", "move on", "get him out of your life", etc., etc., etc. is really not very helpful.

Be very angry (I have felt enraged) but don't hurt yourself or others. He'll win if you are in the hospital or in prison. Am sure he would like that very much, Don't do anything to him either.  You will not survive being in prison. He's not worth it anyway.

My late GIDXH was emotionally, verbally and physically abusive. He was arrested for domestic violence.  He cyberstalked me after I left & threatened me when I took out restraining orders.  He didn't care about coming out of the closet. He was mad that he was losing his cushy lifestyle. I made a lot more money than him.

You could say he was a psychopath or had anti-social personality disorder. I don't think so. He was of sound mind. He was acting with free will.  He stole a lot of money from me.  He was a criminal who happened to be gay. 

I suspect he tried to bag gay sugar daddies but failed once they caught onto him.  He saw me as a good $$ opportunity because I was young, naive and had a good career ahead of me.

He died 6 months after our divorce. It was a relief. I don't know if it was heavenly intervention or his own bad habits. I could leave the house without fear. I was still mad as hell though.

I enjoyed reading Sean's post because I never knew how life in the closet was for a gay person. I read the next post and lost interest. I couldn't relate. My late GIDXH was not like Sean.

I listen to YouTube for music and fashion tips mostly, but I found this channel called Love Fraud by Donna Andersen. She is low-key in her presentation, but is blunt and informative about these losers.  She was married to a cheating bigamist who stole $225,000 from her, He had same-sex encounters.. I am not affiliated with her. I've never ordered her books or paid her money for coaching or anything. Her videos are very helpful to me.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LovefraudLessons/videos

Everyone has to go through enraged feelings about this, no matter how long. TGT is as far as it gets from a love story. 

Last edited by MJM017 (June 24, 2020 11:16 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

June 24, 2020 11:33 pm  #1399

I may be old and stupid but I DO know better than to get myself involved with legal charges.  The most enraging thing to me is that he waited until I was "over the hill".  Hope to continue for a few more years but had a idyllic vision of spending them with a charming, intelligent, energetic person.  Instead I have found my self with a shit ball in the bed with me.  I had him on a very high pedestal and the mess is apalling once he has shattered. 

Someone said to me once that the worst thing you could do was to disapoint another person.  It is very hard to accept this "disapointment".  I am beyond disapointed - I, too, am shattered.  And for WHAT???  Wanting to get f*&%ed in the ASS?  Wanting to suck or be sucked?  And with the lowest of the low people?  There is no way for me to understand this let alone accept it.  So when I go beyond disapointment I find rage because of the sadness and sorrow that is so senseless. 

We had a very good life with freedom on both sides, similar interests, similar viewpoints (or so I thought) and the first few years we had, what I felt was, a wonderful sex life.  Then I got breast cancer and there the story goes drastically down hill.  When the medics want you to do their drastic treatment they do NOT let you know how much it will affect the REST of your life.  I would not be treated again, I do hope it doesn't come up. 

Just trying to keep my head above water.

Last edited by TwistingInTheWind (June 24, 2020 11:35 pm)

June 25, 2020 4:16 pm  #1400

TwistingInTheWind wrote:

I may be old and stupid but I DO know better than to get myself involved with legal charges. The most enraging thing to me is that he waited until I was "over the hill".

Ok to let off steam but say you are doing it.  Be clear about that..  It did appear jarring to me. I shared my story as which is very unpleasant and scary. I was supporting you. Had nothing else in mind.

Just trying to keep my head above water.

We all are and are in the same boat as you.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera