OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2017 11:13 am  #51

Re: I confess

I  thought about displaying all her gay sex toys on the bed for when she got in at 2am  (if she didn't take them with her).   But then I thought what does it buy me but more rage and her stepping up her abusive treatment.   Don't poke the cornered (gay) bear.
I never did find the weed... but found burned remnants..she was definitely bringing drugs into our home also.     It was almost like "I cheated and I am gay so there is no limit to what bad stuff I can do now..its all ok now".

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

January 15, 2017 9:48 pm  #52

Rob, it definitely poked the bear.  He responded by running up our mutual credit card to the tune of $12K, and reported it stolen, had his name removed from our account and said I stole the card and ran off.    Nice, eh? 

The pot was a way for him to escape what he was doing to me, to our marriage, and to himself, by lying.  He just topped it off with lots of golf games and lots of scotch.  He was an abusive SOB and that had everything to do with him not being in control of his secret.  It took him 9 years after I left to admit it to anyone.  He lived in hiding that entire time and I could write a book about the lies he told about me.  They actually made me laugh instead of cry.  If you listened to him talk, I had an amazing post-gay life!  Travel, men, sex, money....maybe he was living vicariously through me.  
But none of it matters, because I'm free of him! 

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

January 23, 2017 10:52 am  #53

I confess;

That sometimes I still cry on the way to work, and that i can't wait until May 22 (his scheduled departure date). 

That I am scared and alone, but will just keep going.

That I have contributed to our marital problems lately, because looking at him and having to pretend that everything is fine is killing me inside.

That I don't know how I am going to make it on my own financially, am I going to end up living under a bridge? I am scared and confused.

That I am angry at him for his treatment of our marriage, and that I am angry at myself for letting it and myself go.

That I find myself sleeping through most weekends. That I have nothing to say about anything to him, what would be the point. That I have been alone for so many years I don't remember how to make friends.

But the worst thing I confess?

I confess that I am just outright pissed at myself. I should have known better.

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

January 23, 2017 12:48 pm  #54

JJ,

"..But the worst thing I confess?
I confess that I am just outright pissed at myself. I should have known better.  .."

NO..  Just no.    Don't beat yourself up...you have him for that.     We should not be so hard on ourselves..
we gave true love..we were all in.   We were betrayed on the worst scale.     If we had been married to normal people we may not have had this happen.

I'm alone and  scared also.   But I put on brave face for my kids.   I know if I die today I can say I was kind and loving husband who could not have tried harder.

Not saying this offers any solutions right now.. but one thing I will do is be kinder to myself.  

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

January 23, 2017 6:52 pm  #55

First, Rob, YAY!  You are so correct.  Be kind to yourself. 

JJ1966....today was a bad day.  Stop the shoulds.  You could not have known.  No one would knowingly choose this life. 

Cry all you want.  You are NOT alone.  You have this space here, please continue reaching out. We understand.  

I don't know what you mean that you contributed to your marital problems....but, you have every right to feel angry and pick fights if that's what you mean.  You are having to look at him knowing what you know, and that's difficult to play a role--I'm sure you're feeling like you have done that enough already. 

You have a job of your own, because you said you cry on your way to work.  You will adjust.  You will not live under a bridge.  If you have been married a while, alimony will be owed to you, so you'll have that.  If you have children, and they live with you and he was the main source of financial support, he'll have to continue supporting you and them in the manner you are accustomed to.  Have you spoken with your own attorney? 

You should be angry.  You will get yourself back, all the you that you put away to deal with his s**T.  You'll be a better version of you, and it will feel awesome. 

Be gentle on yourself.  Start looking for things to do that are just things YOU want to do.  As you do them, you'll make new friends, or at least acquaintances.  You'll feel less lonely.  

Hang in there....

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

January 26, 2017 7:39 am  #56

Thank you for your kind words, some days I don't think I could make it without you guys......

Hugs

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

January 29, 2017 10:40 pm  #57

JJ1966 wrote:

I confess...

That I find myself sleeping through most weekends.

OMG...you too? He has put me through so much with years of illness, drama, the bi thing and loss of our home that I am exhausted after the work week just thinking about how f'ed up my life is. Dont know how to feel motivated to do anything recreational.

On the flip, he seems happier now he's out. Not belittling how hiding that for decades would emotionally compromise a person. At least one of us makes progress with finding some peace, right? Now maybe he will find the inner strength to get back to work.

Last edited by fembotreturns (February 8, 2017 10:43 pm)

Board footera