OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2021 10:21 am  #1

For Those of Faith

Hello Fellow Overcomers!

The past couple weeks have been what I hope and pray is my rock bottom. I now have my children with me only half of the time and I did not know how deeply I need them in my life. Yesterday I attended church for the first time in over a year at a new church. I determined it best for my GIDSTBX to get custody of our church, just not all of my church family; so a new church to go along with a new home ,new job, etc.  The song that was being sung when I walked in was, "Something Good." Some of the lyrics are as follows:

"When I'm in the roughest water
I won't go under; I won't drown
And when I'm in over my head
I know that You won't let me down

Even through the deepest valley
You go before me; You are here
For I know you'll never leave me
Your love surrounds me; I won't fear

When I'm broken and down to nothing

I know that you are up to something good
I know that you are up to something good
You'll make a way; whatever it takes
There's nothing Your love won't endure"

When they got to, "broken and down to nothing," the waterworks began. If a song ever spoke to me it was this one. I know that I am on a journey. God has emptied this vessel and He is going to refill it...with wine????  LOL  I don't know what His plans are for me; but it is not His will for me to feel unlovable in a marriage with sneaking, lying and unfaithfullness.  He has plans for me and this whole TGT nonsense is not going to define me. I am so much more than that and SO ARE ALL OF US.  Do I feel this way all the time; do I remember this all the time? Nope! Man, these valley's are deep!! I've got a long way to go; but therapy and  this forum have helped my healing immeasurably. But yesterday's church service was all about me, sermon and all. I will strive to keep this song in my heart. I will not be a victim. New church, new job, new home and new perspective. If I am worthy of the Almighty's love and attention, then I am worthy of love...in due time.

Edited "has" to "have."

Last edited by MyExodus (June 7, 2021 10:25 am)

June 7, 2021 1:03 pm  #2

Re: For Those of Faith

Since the TGT announcement from my stbx, I had to seek a new church too.  The kids and I (we don't have 50/50- more like 95/5) made it a mission to find one we like and have settled on one after five months now.  Each week it seems like the songs and sermon are directed right at healing my heart. 

Just wanted you to know that you aren't the only one.  God loves YOU and has a purpose for YOUR life. 

June 7, 2021 1:23 pm  #3

I am not a religious person, but have found solace in reading God's words. Thank you so much for the song. Those lyrics are amazing for my heart to hear.

I often wonder why God put a the "other" in my life.Thinking I found true love and my "person" in this world only to be deceived and lied to for 16 years. I'm not exactly sure what the plan is or why my journey is this way, but one day God will let me know.

I tried so often to conceive a child and always looked to God for an answer on "why" he wouldn't make it happen. Today, I know why!

All of this broke me, but I'm looking for brighter days. I go to bed at night and thankful that I made it through another day. Each day is a step closer to be free from the deceit and from the person who I apparently never knew. 

June 7, 2021 1:50 pm  #4

Myexodus,

Up vote in finding a new church...I was back in my old church the other day and dis recall my years of tears there.  I've come so far and am so thankful.

These spouses isolate us and can make us feel so alone.

We need to remember we are never alone..we have ourselves and we have a God.  We survived before we met them and we can survive without them..we were never alone.

Many songs can make me cry but I found the popular religious songs up lifting and motivating.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera